Millie won't quit running

I have had an APQS machine for over 17 years.  An old Millineium (I think it was a 2001) that I sold about 4 years ago.  A Freedom (I think 2007) that I still own, and a new to me 2013 Millie.  I have no idea how to use this new Millie.  I can't find any training videos.  My old machines didn't have the digital front, they are all operated via the 4 buttons on the handles.  I am ready to begin quilting because I finally received the final missing parts (just the red snappers) so I can now load a quilt.  However, when I turned the machine on it just keeps running.  I mean, the needle won't stop running.  I tried the buttons on the handles and they aren't stopping it.  I tried turning the stitch regulator button off and that just made it run super fast.  How do I make it stop stitching?

To help me more, are there actual training videos I can watch?  It didn't come with any manual.

I had this happen on a nearly new 2017 Millie. It turned out to be a faulty stop/go switch on one of the rear handles. The button failed in the GO position! Customer service sent me a new switch, and it was an easy swap out. My hunch is that one of your stop/go switches has failed. Call customer service. Maybe they can help you isolate which one. (I wonder if Millie would run right if 3 of the switches were removed - and then add back one at a time to see which one failed .... ).  

Blessings!

Mindy - contact APQS and they can send you the manual for your machine.  Are there any dealers near you?  You may not need the full "new owner" classes ($200 if you didn't purchase from a dealer), but you may be able to arrange for a shorter training with them.  There's a Facebook group "We Love APQS".  Members are very helpful and there are some dealers in the group.  I've watched a lot of quilting videos and haven't seen any "how to operate an APQS".  

1 hour ago, Mindy Skinner said:

Sharon, how were you able to figure out that it was one of the rear handles?

I was doing a pantograph, and the button on the right side actually stuck in the go position.  I didn't discover it quickly enough to avoid damaging a customer quilt!! So glad you hit the problem before you loaded anything!