FOUND George APQS Sit-down Machine

Julia M C

Hi Julia - I have a 2016 George with table that is very lonely because he has not received very much use. 

I thought I was going to be on my George all the time but it turns out I am much more comfortable standing to quilt, and bought a small longarm (Babylock Coronet) that I ended up using almost exclusively. I kept my George as my sit-down option but have not been using it for the past 3-4 years. Then this summer I purchased my dream longarm - a Bernina Q24 - which is why I am selling my George now. 

He has been loved and well taken care of (regularly oiled and run for a few minutes) -- but just not used the way he should. Like I said, he's lonely. I purchased extras like the ruler feet set, and there is also a portable bobbin winder that goes with him, along with extra bobbins, needles, etc.

I hope the logistics can work out!

Sharon C.

15 minutes ago, scaseyquilts said:

Hi Julia - I have a 2016 George with table that is very lonely because he has not received very much use. 

I thought I was going to be on my George all the time but it turns out I am much more comfortable standing to quilt, and bought a small longarm (Babylock Coronet) that I ended up using almost exclusively. I kept my George as my sit-down option but have not been using it for the past 3-4 years. Then this summer I purchased my dream longarm - a Bernina Q24 - which is why I am selling my George now. 

He has been loved and well taken care of (regularly oiled and run for a few minutes) -- but just not used the way he should. Like I said, he's lonely. I purchased extras like the ruler feet set, and there is also a portable bobbin winder that goes with him, along with extra bobbins, needles, etc.

I hope the logistics can work out!

Sharon C.

Hi Sharon, Thanks for your info!  We don't want George to be lonely!  I am a detail worker and the sit-down machines seem to jive with my technique the best. Does your George have the L bobbin? I think I saw your post - are you in TX? I'm in the middle of the US but will be doing some traveling this winter (hopefully) but not sure if I can go in that direction. Keep me posted... my email is jmcrocetto at out look dot com. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:59 PM, Natalie Calvet said:

Where are you located? I have a gently used machine in a cabinet in south Texas

Hi Natalie, I'm in the central US... I'm afraid you'll be too far away for me to drive. Please send me an email with more details. jmcrocetto at out look dot com.

• Julia M C changed the title to FOUND George APQS Sit-down Machine