On the count of 3, everyone say "Awwww!" 1..2..3....

Awwww..........

Moose are territorial, and this mama apparently felt safe to have her baby here. She picked a small quiet neighbor and had her baby in the front yard at 5:30 am. The lady across the street from this house said she watched it being born. These photos were taken later in the afternoon, so the little one is only 12 hours old when these photos were taken. The house is located in Anchorage.

These things are cute but when they start eating all the cabbage and brocolli in your garden, the cuteness factor goes away... :P;)

post--13461898253709_thumb.jpg

Wow! How awsome! Wish I was there to see the big event.

I'm moose crazy...have comical critter pictures, knick-knacks (?), stuffed moose, etc. in different areas of the house. People gift moose items to me.

Shana, could you please email those photos to me too?

Thanks!:P

bgooby@sherbtel.net

Sure, Bette! I'm emailing them to you right now! :)

Moose are very funny looking creatures, but also very cool looking at the same time. You know? My favorite moose are the young bulls when they have their little set of fuzzy horns on top; like they are teenagers about to bloom into manhood. They look so handsome! :)

Hey Shana,

Thanks so much for posting those photos. I'll have to show them to other people around here. So sweet.

Beth

Hey, are you coming down for Innovations? I'm thinking that I've got a room that sleeps 4, and only me in it. Anybody else need a roomate?

Beth

Awwwwww, so cuuuuuute! Could you please email me the pics too, Shana? I'd love to send them to my sis, who's at this moment in Alaska visiting my neice at the base there, who's going to have her own mooselette in about 5 months, I think it is. They'd get a real kick outta this when they got home, and could also share it with my mom, who'd LOVE it, as she's been seeing bears and dear for two years and is now tired of them, I think. Yup. Thanks for sharing! Awwww......!!

I love the moose pics Shana! We don't get those kind of animals here in the desert! Geckos and scorpions, that's about it, well, the occassional mountain lion or cougar (can't remember which one we get here), but those are found in the wild, not in the burbs where we live! Hope your foot is feeling better. take care!

Oh, Shana, they're so cute, but I know what you mean about them eating everything in the gardens! I saw one eating the shrubs outside of an office building in down town Anchorage, when I was there for Rondy and the ceremonial start this winter. It sure is different than Philadelphia, although we do have deer wandering through the suburbs here, and getting hit by cars as they try to cross the highways. (:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just remembered a picture from last year (I think) of a moose in Anchorage chillin' out in a back yard kiddie wading pool, and another one of a ladies' laundry from her clothes line getting caught in the moose's antlers as he took a short cut through her back yard. They sure are comical!

Archived