ISO APQS longarm in Northeast Oklahoma

I am looking to buy a late model APQS longarm in the northeast Oklahoma area. I would prefer a 2017 year or newer Lennie but am open to Lucey, Freddie or Milli as long as they fall within my budget of $ 6000 to $8000 depending on the machine and features. 

yes got this morning I have been having trouble with e-mail. I wanted to lit you know it is still for sale And i am going to included the quilt path (computer)I am asking $10,500 for quilt path. And 10.500 for machine and table.

On 4/10/2022 at 2:43 PM, Liz F. said:

I am looking to buy a late model APQS longarm in the northeast Oklahoma area. I would prefer a 2017 year or newer Lennie but am open to Lucey, Freddie or Milli as long as they fall within my budget of $ 6000 to $8000 depending on the machine and features. 

Located in North LOUISIANA 

APQS MILLENNIUM Longarm Machine 2006, $5,800.00;  L Bobbin ; 12 Foot Table; Motorized Feed;  APQS MACHINE -- in 2011 serviced by APQS Certified Technician; 2015 sent machine to APQS for “SPA” treatment with Mag Sensor Board Upgrade being made along with interchangeable Hopping Foot / New Style Ruler Foot installed.  Includes -- Millie Laser Bracket;   Fly Wheel Cover; Spoon Foot; LED Lighting; Zipper Leaders; Hartley Base Expander; APQS Bobbin Winder; TOWA Guage; Red Snappers; Gearbox Grease.  

Can be sold with IQ IntelliQuilter COMPUTER SYSTEM; SELLING APQS MILLENNIUM MACHINE WITH IQ IntelliQuilter  for $13,000.00 .    email; dbbrown49@bellsouth.net

• 2 weeks later...

Debbie, Pat,

I am looking for a late model longarm preferably 2017 or newer. I am still looking the forums and online while continuing to save to buy new. if that is the way I have to go to get a newer model.     

Thank you for your response,

Liz F.

I don't want to put you on the spot, but may I ask why you desire a "late model Longarm preferably 2017 or newer" over an older proven machine that are designed to run daily in a business for years on end with simple preventative maintenance?

You comments and other's responses just may help you find a machine that fits your budget and your needs sooner than later.  I am totally pleased with my used older model George.  While it does not have a lifetime warranty, but it is a grey tank that I expect will run reliably to the end of my quilting days. With the used purchase price versus new, even if I have to replace a motor or a circuit board in the future, I believe I am money ahead if I had purchased new.  

A $2000.00 purchase price savings invested in a low fee S&P 500 ETF for 5 and 10 years with an 8% return would be worth $2,940 and $4,320 depending on the time invested.  As Albert Einstein said, "Compound interest is the eight wonder of the world.  He who understand it, ears it..., he who doesn't... pays it."

I am just trying to help you and others think outside the box to help you get to your quilting goal.

Best of luck finding what fits your needs and desires.

Cagey

On 5/8/2022 at 8:04 AM, Liz F. said:

Debbie, Pat,

I am looking for a late model longarm preferably 2017 or newer. I am still looking the forums and online while continuing to save to buy new. if that is the way I have to go to get a newer model.     

Thank you for your response,

Liz F.

Hi Liz,

I do have the 2006 Millennium for sale $5,800.00..  It does have some age, but it is a workhorse of a machine.  The APQS machines are known for their longevity with proper maintenance and Amy, Dawn, and other techs have always been extremely knowledgeable on any information needed on these machines, (I have two ;)

This Millie went back to APQS in  2015 for what they call the "SPA" treatment where APQS technicians service and update the machine totally where the mag sensor board was upgraded along with total maintenance completed.  Nothing was wrong with the Millie, I just wanted the special treatment!!

I'm willing to meet and will actually be in Mineral Wells, Texas West of Forth Worth, Tx, the 1st thru 4th of June.  I will be traveling in a 5th wheel camper and can transport the machine and poles safely inside the 5th wheel.  If that would help you any with your decision, we are willing to meet.  What part of Northeast Oklahoma are you in ??

I can talk with you personally or give more information. I have pictures on the original post and can send more.

Thank you, 

Debbie B. Brown

Winnsboro, LA

318-557-9156

dbbrown49@bellsouth.net

Cagey,

I have discussed the pros and cons of buying a used machine at length with my husband. I am willing and interested in buying a used machine without a doubt, but this will be a once in a lifetime purchase for me. Knowing that the longarm I purchase will have to last the rest of life, which could be another 30 years or more makes me hesitant to invest in an older machine. My main concern with buying an older machine is that I wouldn't be able to get replacement parts when needed due to the age of the machine. I will be using the longarm mostly for personal use but hope to do some quilting for others or sell some of my quilts to supplement my retirement income when that time comes. 

Liz F.

Well, so far APQS has been great about supporting their older products.  For years there was virtually no difference between one year and  another.  Now with the recent "square" machines I'm not sure what all was changed.  If history repeats itself, no worry.  I have a 25 year old machine, and have had very few problems.  APQS was there when I needed help ( I replaced the needle bar and needle bar bushings on my Ult 2 a few years ago.)  The machine I have is simple enough, and fitted with standard sewing machine parts, so that I've been able to deal with the few issues I've had over the 12 years I've owned her.  The standard parts have allowed me to modify my machine in several areas, which has really given me a custom machine more to my liking than a standard model.  I don't think buying a used machine puts you at risk, even in the long time horizon you suggest.  Just my opinion.  Jim

• 1 month later...

Found!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I wanted to update my post. I just purchased the 2021 Lucey that was one of the used machines that APQS listed for sale on their webpage. I can't wait for it to get here so I can get it set up and start quilting. I have several quilt tops ready and waiting on it.