CQ designs for men/boys

I have spent quite some time looking for CQ designs that are appropriate for men. I still have several humanitarian quilts to do and we did several in colors that would work for men--they want to be warm, too, right? While I am still working with a cast on my right arm, I am able to SLOWLY pin on a quilt. I just got my serger back to maybe now I can chainstitch it on the zippers, but ya still gotta do some pinning. Anyway, I have sifted through many websites and I am just not finding much in the way of designs that could be neutral enough for a guy. I thought some geometrics, non-floral or non- feathers would be cool. After looking through the first 10 pages of Dave Hudson and a whole lot of other designers, I did not see anything that was not sports oriented or tractors. You get the picture. Anybody know of some simple designs that would be good for a guy on my awesome little CQ?

P.S. I haven't told the doctor my other wrist is fractured too. Can you imagine trying to get along with 2 wrists in casts. Oh my!!! http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Nancy

Nancy, I've used both Square Spirals and Fractures by Kerynemmerson ( www.kerynemmerson.com ). She e-mails these to you in dxf format so you do need to know how to convert them to the CQ format.

Also, I like several designs that Vickie Malaski has - baseball related and others ( www.designsbyvickie.com ).

I believe there are also some designs that can be used on a man's quilt at www.DebraGeissler.com

Good luck!

Archived