Display Quilts for Quilt Shop

Jan Fisher

I am a fledgling quilt shop just getting started and currently am running my business alone.  I need someone to sew quilt tops for my kit displays.  What is the going rate paid to have someone do this for you?  Do you barter with customers to sew for fabric? Would love to hear what other shops do.

Thank you!

Jan Fisher, Mountain Thistle Quilts

On 4/26/2022 at 7:03 PM, Jan Fisher said:

I am a fledgling quilt shop just getting started and currently am running my business alone.  I need someone to sew quilt tops for my kit displays.  What is the going rate paid to have someone do this for you?  Do you barter with customers to sew for fabric? Would love to hear what other shops do.

Thank you!

Jan Fisher, Mountain Thistle Quilts

I worked for a quilt store and made samples for the store . The owner provided the fabric, Batting and backing. 
I only had to pay someone to do the Longarm quilting. She would then cut fabric and pack 11 kits with fabric used in quilt, with pattern and fabric for binding. Customers bought these kits and would purchase there  backing of there choice. 
I would get the sample quilt to keep after all kits was sold. 
I know the owner of the store had other people who do not work in the store but we’re good sewers making samples for her as well.

Proving fabric etc to them. Not paying them but they could keep quilt in the end.