Ruler work on a non stitch regulated machine?

GMRS

I have an older ULT2 without SR.  I got the hang of doodling and pantographs.  I have to work on smoothing curves out but am confident I can do so.  I would like to do ruler work.  I have Sheri's foot.  Will it be possible to do this without sewing my fingers off or creating random lines?  Any of you guys out there...please give advice if this can be done.-Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to do ruler work.  It will take practice as well since you do not have SR.  There will be alot of stopping and starting with ruler work so you may have to shut off stitching when you come to a stop area to minimize thread build up.  With practice you will get quicker at moving the ruler and hand placement so you won't have to shut off in stopping areas.

Check out some of the YouTube videos by Angela Walters.  She does most of her longarm quilting without using a stitch regulator - including ruler work (I think).  She learned on a machine that didn't have SR so that's how she quilts on her longarm.  You just have to find the right machine speed that goes with how you move the machine.