CL stars and hearts

Hi

I've got both of them. I've used the hearts as a basis for making feathered hearts on a wedding gift quilt, and then did hearts alone on a quilt for a niece. I also love the wavy line on the hearts design that allows you to make a wavy looking asterik. I realise that this is not the most apt description, but I used it on another quilt, and it's really fun.

I haven't used the stars yet, but the pattern for the next family kiddo quilt is stars and moons, so that'll be it's turn to show off what it can do.

Hope that helps.

Beth

I have the stars template, last months purchase (haven't used it yet but will) I am also eventually planing on gettiong the hearts one as well. You can use the stars one on patriotic quilts, kid quilts, Christmas quilts, sports type quilts with some sports theme designs plus there is a small spiral on it that can be used as lollipop flowers in borders, or do several of the spirals to fill sashings. If you do the larger stars several times in the stepping movements then you will get a snowflake block design.

The hearts template you can do girl quilts, valentine quilts, feathered heart spines, borders, sashings, stepping one of the heart designs 16 times will produce 16 egg shapes in a wreath that can beused in easter or spring quilts.

I would suggest that if you get the hearts, ovals, starz or stella templates that you spend the extra $25 on the pattern book that Michael sells. It will give you a start on lots of great design ideas you can make with these templates.

Joann

Thanks for the idea on ordering the pattern book. I've been having a really good time with them without the book, so just think what I've been missing!

Having recently received my 2 new king templates, I learned that there is some type of instruction with them as well. I purchased the BF and king clam used, and they didn't have any instructions. Now I think I need to talk to Michael about those as well.

Just as soon as I get my machine back in time, we'll be playing!

beth

Thanks Beth!! I had a plan to wait a few months...probably several before I order the next template. Now I have printed off the price list and highlighted what I think will be my favorites/next purchase. Could you quit talking about these different patterns?? ;)

I have the starz and hearts. I use the hearts more than the stars. I use the featherz and rope the most. I just bought the spiral template and really like it. Can't wait to put the last quilt on and use it again. I'm having major SR problems. Replace both SRs and the mother and daughter board. Next step is to send it to IA and see what's up. VERY frustrating!!! Any ideas about what could be wrong, anyone? Thanks

Archived