Anyone going to Sisters the 14th?

Of all the years that I lived on the west coast, you would have thought that I would have at least gotten there once, but nope...so I don't think its going to happen this year either....but I keep thinking I need to go.

Have fun on the trip and enjoy all the quilts. I'm going to Quilt Camp in the Pines in Flagstaff, AZ. It's a week long camp for quilters to learn from national teachers held on the campus of the university. Should be cooler up there.

Post a picture of the quilt you find that you stitched Beth. The setting for the show looks really nice.

Vicki

I am going to Sisters. In fact, I am going with my sister and a bus load of quilters from Salmon Arm, BC. This is the first time I have gone to a quilting show with a group and I am sooo looking forward to it.

Lib

I am going to be at Sisters and am really looking forward to it. I live in the UK and my husband will be on a business trip. Today (Saturday) we are travelling to Denver (currently sitting in the lounge at Newark). We have a break before travelling to Seattle so I ceased the opportunity to spend the weekend at Sisters. Hubby is very happy to accompany me. I don't own a long arm machine YET, but hope to next year, so I was really pleased to find that APQS will be there. Have been reading threads on this website for a few months so it will be interesting to see some people in the flesh.

Waiting in great anticipation

Chris

Come see us! The Crook Country Quilt Guilds, AM and PM from Prineville, will be at the corner of Hood & Spruce, the SouthEast end of town, on the lawn behind the pizza place. Pizza by the slice, and REALLY IMPORTANT, not far from the restrooms!!! Our special display this year: Pieced Circle quilts. Another don't miss it: The first time Sisters has featured a longarm quilter. Lori Gailey, from Sisters is the quilter. This is sponsored by APQS! Thanks :) Lori is a sweetheart and you'll love to see her quilting. She's going to be across the Hwy (Cascade Street) to the North of our display on Larch Street by the Wild Dusty Rose store. APQS will be right behind The Stitichin' Post. Our fabulous gals (name removed) and Sherry Rogers will both be there. Bring your camera, bring a friend, bring your pocket change! ~~ Eva H.

post--13461898262753_thumb.jpg

I have a dear friend who will meet me there for lunch, I think, but needs a good place to park. She didn't want to go because of all the traffic and no parking, but to see me she will attempt it, so sweet of her! So I thought I'd ask around to see if I can help her out.

Your pizza by the slice sounds like a great idea, Cuke. Will be great to see your stuff, and YOU!

I've always had good luck with parking, but I don't mind walking a bit either. Have your friend try parking on the North side of the main Hwy road (that's Cascade Street) and towards the East end of town nearer the Sisters Library. What's cool about that is the COOL. The library is air conditioned, has restrooms, always has a wonderful special display and a used Book SALE. :cool:

That may seem like a long way from the Stitchin' Post and the things going on up there, but if she's up to the walk there and back it could be worth finding an easier place to park.

Guest Linda S

Not this year! They're fixing the old highway (242), so I can't sneak into town the back way and avoid all the traffic. I do see that they will be diverting traffic from the main drag in town though, so crossing the street will be easier for all. ;) Have fun gals. I'll catch ya next year!

Linda

Oooo, I'm getting so excited!!! Can't wait to meet you too, Sherri and Linda! :) I will certainly be looking for Lenni, among others. Two and a half more days! Two and a half more days! We're going to Sisters, hooray!!

Ok, I'll put away my pom-poms now. :)

Well..... now I"m looking for someone to ride over the river with at 5:00 am Saturday. I don't know the area there all that well, and really don't like the idea of getting lost in the almost dark, plus where will we all leave our cars???

ANYBODY OUT THERE ON THE WEST SIDE GOING WITH H2H TO SISTERS?.......

Hi all - yes I will be going over to Sisters with a Friend from Salem. We will be leaving here about 6:30 am and I'll be sure to stop and see Sherry & Linda. Hope to see some of the others too. I'm going to be wearing a white "Cowgirl" hat with some magenta flowered hat band on it - does that give anyone a clue about my personality or lack there of???? If you see anyone fitting that discription, other than me, it is my twin!?!

Well, I can't go this summer, but who knows about next year. It sounds like the entire town gets involved - maybe like Paducah? I will have to get the dates to these quilt shows way ahead of time...like 4 or 5 months in advance so I can make my arrangements (and save my money & vacation time). I just loved my almost week in Paducah, so I'm sure I would feel the same at these other shows.

I am going to a show in Harrisburg, PA on a LQS bus trip. It is on a Saturday and will just be the one day. It will be great fun, but staying overnight with the girls is so much more fun - like a big pajama party with Marguerita's:)

Will Lenni be at the Harrisburg show? It is in the beginning of September. I would love to try one out.

Archived