WHAT A WILD RIDE

Wow, what a busy time I have had since MQS. We bought a house in St. George and moved about 10 days ago. I love living " in town".

I am fortunate to have a great studio space again. I'll post photos when I get it straightened out. I have decided I really don't like packing and unpacking. I got rid of a lot of stuff before the move and now I am going to go through all my quilting stuff and clean out there also. Be sure to keep an eye on my website for items! It is really hot (114) here so staying in and getting organized is good.

By the way I got my hydraulic lift, installed it WOW......what a great thing. I can't believe I waited so long to get it. A must have in my book.

I have not had Internet for a couple of week and I have missed chatting with you all. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Hope you all are having a wonderful summer and everyone is doing well.

If anyone has been trying or needs to contact me please call my cell 435-229-2703 or 435-635-7900

My new address is:

249 W. Oasis Drive

St. George, Utah

I will have a new email address in a couple of days.

Myrna

Congratulations on your new studio Myrna! Hope you and Earl really enjoy St. George. There are a lot of nice hotels in that town from which students can pick. Hope you are able to keep your clients like Blanche Young and find some new ones. Are you able to put in a smaller machine like the Lenni as another teaching tool? Good fortune to you and many happy stitches.

It's been really hot here in Anthem on the north end of Phoenix. Played golf in the heat by drinking buckets of water. Lots of fun at 110.

Vicki

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK! It was great talking yesterday....yes, all of us in the SW are trying to deal with the exxxxxxtreme heat. Vicki - I'm in Gilbert, would love to meet you at some point. I met Mrs.Bishwit already. I'm new and you do such amazing work along with so many others on this site. Take care Myrna and I can't wait to see you here in September for my class. BYW - Myrna is coming to Phoenix in September to teach!

Glad for you Myrna,

I too am missing being closer to town. I love the country but at times it is nothing but WORK!! Big yard, lots of work, Big yard. Ok I made my point. lolol

We all miss hearing from you. Can't wait to see some pics.

Congratulations!!

You and I have that in common "WE ARE MOVING EXPERTS" lol I'm ready to move myself. All this rain has me feeling like I live in a Swamp which I do! I would love that hot dry air.

Hi, I played golf with my best buddies today for the first time in 3 years. Gosh it was fun, even in the heat.

KellySue,

I will be posting the classes in a few days. Hope you all can join me I like full classes and we always have lo9ts of fun. The first day I will also be doing the free start up class for those APQS owners that have not had it yet. I will also be doing machine demos in the evenings for those that want to take a look at APQS machines and see what they are all about.

I'll try to get it all on my web site ASAP

Bring on the rain. we have several fire here in Utah.

Myrna

Myrna, your happy smile always lifts my spirits. So does this move bring you closer to me or further away? I'm hoping if people keep moving then someday I won't have to travel to see you all, LOL! Maybe if you get close enough I can just stand on my porch and let your quilt-shine waft towards me and just feeeeeel the warmth - and your amazing artistry will rub off on me! :D No? You mean I would still have to PPP? Aw shucks.... :mad:

OK, enough silliness! Congratulations on your move to a nice place, and do stay coooooollll in this heat wave. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Patty, she moved a little to the west...from Hurricane, Utah to St. George, Utah (about 20 miles apart from each other).

Myrna, after watching your DVD and reading through your workbook (both several times) :) I have been having fun making circles with my Hartley fence. I just finished quilting a top (30 blocks with bright golden yellow suns designed in the fabric) and each block is pieced with the variable star block. I used gold colored thread (Highlights in the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin) and in the center of the block is a circle with flames going out to the edges so each block looks like the sun. (kinda like the sun design you did in your DVD) :cool: With 30 blocks, this is a sunny quilt! :cool: Can't look directly at it or I might be blinded. lol... It was fun to quilt those flames, and good practice making circles! :)

Patty, I am a wee bit closer to you LOL Maybe 15 minutes. You know I would love to come there to teach.

Congratulations Shana. Isn't it fun to do?

Tammie,

I am loving fixing up my house and studio. I want it all done now. Even in the heat Have been planting some flowers, (in pots)our house was built6 on rock. All the landscaping was done with the rock they hammer out. Got the bird feeders up and my machine.

Myrna - should we have a western wild fire contest/heat contest to see who has the biggest wild fires and extreme heat??? I think Utah wins hands down. You guys have the worst wild fire in history i saw on the news. Whew! I know it's hot here, but it's always hot here in the summer, triple digits until October. I had no idea you got slammed as well. Try to stay cool, fire-free and safe. Are you getting any of the smoke from the fires? One year we got smoke from the Payson fires and it was really strange you could smell burning wood for days. Take care...I am so envious about playing golf, my dad is coming in 2 weeks and we are going to play golf together for the first time in 4 years. Can't wait. Take care...

I might have to come visit once my Darling Honey is away. I might have to make a round trip thru Colarado when visiting my family there.

I so want to live in the beautiful mountains and have Snow at Christmas. I cannot wait.

Seems like it might never happen. lol

We are experiencing extreme heat and humidity right now in Southern Ontario....I just can't seem to function in it and never mind trying to go in my sewing room after 10 a.m.!!! I don't know if it's easier to handle in the south where some of you ladies are since maybe you get hot weather more often??? Right now I'm thinking "were those snowy days in January sooo bad???".

Have a good day and maybe we should all synchronize 2:00 this afternoon to enjoy a nice daquiri together???:P

Dry heat is much different than the high temps with humidity. When you get the high temps with humidity you just don't feel like doing anything not even eating. Where as the high temps in the southwest is a dry heat and it feels like you just opened an oven door but you still feel and want to do things (even eat, lol).

I remember the hot muggy summers in the midwest when after you got out of a shower you started sweating from the humidity or no matter how much product you put in your hair within an hour after styling your hair it looked frizzy and limp.

Give me the dry heat and tripple digits any day! :P

Joann

Yes, Joann that is exactly right. We even have a window air conditioner in our bedroom window to help the central air. My DH didn't want to leave it running all day so he turned it off as soon as we got up...I just about beat him up...I informed him that after I showered and fixed my face and my hair...I would turn the air off. It is icky!!

It has not stopped me from eating :P

Archived