North to Alaska

In just two short weeks I will be leaving on a Quilting Cruise to Alaska. We leave from Seattle on July 21 - 28th. I can't wait. It will be so fun.. I hope to find some neat quilting shops in Alaska.

And as soon as I come back we will be driving to Estes Park, Colorado for my Son's wedding on August 4th, 2007.

It is a busy summer already... then in October on 21st my daughter will be getting married in Maui. It will be a fun trip.

I will let you all know about the Alaska Cruise as soon as I return.

Barb

OK, you world traveler! Have a great time, Barb. There are quilt shops in the little towns along the panhandle (Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Haines...there's more but those are some places).

Silver Thimble Quilt Shop 5 Salmon Landing #204 Ketchikan, AK 99901 907-225-5422 silverthimble@kpunet.net

Changing Tides 175 S. Franklin St Juneau, AK 99801 907-963-3349 www.alaskastitching.com

Changing Threads 326 3rd Ave Skagway, AK 99840 907-983-3700 www.rtailor.com

The Rushin? Tailor 636 Broadway Skagway, AK 99840 907-983-2397 www.rtailor.com

Barb:

Where in Maui is your daughter getting married? Ours got engaged valentines day, and they are getting married Aug. 8, 2008 on the beach in Maui (but I dont remember the exact beach..)

Expensive wedding, isn't it! Their photographer is $4,000.00, but does come with a wedding planner/coordinator (thank goodness). We will have to exchange some pic's after ea. daughter gets wed. We are having a private luau for the wedding/eve dinner. Apparently it is absolutely an amazing meal and performance. I can't wait!

Sheri... I believe the wedding will be on the beach in Kaanapali. We are staying the Kaanapli Beach Hotel. She is using a lady in Maui as a wedding planner. We are almost ready. It will be a lot of fun.... You have a great time also.... Where is your daughter getting married?

Barb

Barb, if after the wedding and you want to see some sights, if you get a chance to drive to Hana, do it! It's way across the island from Kaanapoli, but oh my GOD it is a beautiful drive and so pretty in Hana If you enjoy hiking, bring a spare pair of shoes (ones you don't care if they get wet) and walk up the trail to the Seven Sacred Pools and you walk through a bamboo forest and at the top there is this amazing water fall. It is devine. :) Enjoy your Alaskan trip and your Hawaiian trip and Colorado trip. I've not been to Colorado (Yet) but will some day. All are gorgeous places! Sitka in Alaska is a very pretty little town!

Archived