Irena Bluhm Workshops in Rhode Island

Hi,

I'm hosting the wonderfully talented Irena Bluhm in my studio in Rhode Island in October.Quilts designed in her 2 day workshop are eligible to be considered for her upcoming book titled "Let's Make a Winner"!

All workshops will have a limit of 6 students. There will be two machine heads on my 14 foot table in my 500 sq. ft studio. Students will have ample table space for design work. See pictures of my studio at my webshots.

Hope you can join us! Here are the class listings:

Thursday, October 25th, 2007

Irena?s unique background designs and allovers-confident beginner/intermediate

Irena has been known for a very unique background fills and has developed quite a few different designs.

She is getting a great response from the judges who have judged her quilts. Some of them have not been used on any of her quilts yet. In this class Irena is going to demonstrate how to get in and out of very tight spaces gracefully and keep going by avoiding stitching yourself in a corner. Irena?s fan shaped backgrounds were created as a quite unique background fill with many variations that can be incorporated into the overall design as are many others. Many of them are done in a similar style but have a totally different look. Many of her background fills can be stitched using different levels of density and used as an allover design as well.

$225 includes one day workshop, beverages, lunch and snacks

Friday, October 26, 2007

Freehand sashings and borders with Irena?s twist-confident beginner /intermediate

Students will learn how to hide fullness in borders with various techniques, including formal feathers, and other freehand styles of quilting. Most designs are continuous line. You will learn how to split your feather swags gracefully and beautifully among many other things. Irena will show you few different ways of filling in any size of border or sashing. She will show you her own unique way of dealing with corners and dead end borders. You will love doing them once you see how easy it can be done.

$225 includes one day workshop beverages, lunch and snacks

Saturday, October 27 & Sunday, October 28, 2007

?Let?s try to make a winner?-Whole cloth design and making

This class is designed to help Irena gather enough materials for her 2nd book. Her working title for the book is going to be the same as the title of the workshop:

?Let?s try to make a winner?-Whole cloth design and making

Irena is going to provide all patterns, step by step instructions and assistance in making a small whole cloth quilt during the 2-day workshop. The students will also get enough patterns to make a large quilt later if they wish. Those patterns are going to be in the book. Students who finish their class projects or make other larger projects on their own are going to be encouraged to share photographs of their quilts on a voluntary basis. There is no guarantee for all submitted quilts to be featured in Irena?s book as she has no final say in this, the publisher does. Quilts chosen by the publisher to be featured in the book have to be available for professional photography upon the publisher?s request and need to be shipped there. Students whose quilts will be featured in her book are going to receive a signed copy from Irena as soon as the book is published.

To accommodate the individual needs of students depending on their skill level, Irena will be offering 2 ways approach in design and execution. One is copying her patterns exactly and the other is marking the design perimeters and design motifs placement for the design to be executed in a freehand motion. This workshop is her favorite one as she loves to encourage, inspire and stimulate her students own creativity.

$450 includes 2 day workshop, beverages, lunches and snacks

To reserve your spot a $100 deposit per day in due by September 1, 2007.

Please email me any questions you might have or call (401)667-0214

Hope you can join us!

Pat Harrison

Ocean Waves Quilting Company

Longarm Quilting,Longarm Lessons

Guild Lectures & Workshops

59 Reuben Brown Lane

Exeter, RI 02822

oceanwavesqc@verizon.net

(401)667-0214

http://community.webshots.com/user/owqc1

Archived