2nd Floor location for machine

Susie Carson

Just want to give a heads up to people thinking of buying a long arm for the 2nd floor of your building, I am very disappointed that my Millie vibrates and no solutions have been found. A alternative location has not been found. Very sad that i’m stuck. Wish that when I explained where it would be located that no one mention there could be a vibration problem. 

The building is a very large machine shed and there is no shaking. We leveled and squared the table. Tightened all the bolts on the table with no success. Put anti-vibration pads under the legs, moved the table around trying it in different locations. Wondering about the carriage wheels.... but thinking since they had it back at the factory and on their table with no vibration or bouncing that they would have adjusted them then.... really frustrated and don't know what else to try!

Yes I have but none of their suggestions helped. Worked with it today and realized when the stitch regulator was on it did not vibrate or bounce. Now my machine will not run at ALL when the stitch regulator is on! I'm afraid i've messed it up even worse. She had sewed beautifully even while vibrating but now can't even sew with it at all!

When you say it won't "run at all", what does that mean?  Does it have power?  Have you checked the fuse(s)? 

Have you checked all the cable connections?  If you happened to unplug them, make sure you have them all reconnected correctly.  It's possible to get them switched around.  

What is your stitch length set at?  If you've turned it as low as it will go, the machine won't sew.  Increase it a bit.  

Does it work without the stitch regulator on?  

Regarding the vibration/bounce in manual mode, did that happen at multiple speeds or just one particular speed?  The motors can have a harmonic vibration at a certain speed and may not vibrate as much if you change the motor speed.  

We can help you troubleshoot this, but need more information as to what it is or isn't doing as well as what changes, if any, you made to the machine other than turning the SR on.  

Sue

Yes it has power. The motor kind of hums and the needle goes down very slowly, but when I try to move it will not move. The stitch length is the same as I’ve always had it set at almost to the middle. When I turn the stitch regulator off she sews very nice except the stitches are not even. It does not vibrate or bounce when the stitch regulator is off. Very perplexing and frustrating! It was vibrating at all speeds. 

When your carriage/machine moves, the larger wheels make the smaller/rubbery encoder wheels turn.  The encoder wheels tell the machine head (through the cables) how fast the machine is moving which tells the machine how fast to move the needle up and down.   

Look in your manual and check that all your encoder cables are firmly connected in the right slots.  If those aren't connected, then the machine wouldn't get the "message" that it's moving and should make stitches.

Check that your encoder wheels are properly adjusted and making good contact with the head/carriage wheels.  If you have a bliss frame, there's only one encoder wheel.  

Other than that, you may need to call APQS unless someone else here has any other suggestions.