Red Snappers on Standard Frame with Lenni

If you're using red snappers and have a standard frame, do you have issues with the machine hitting the snappers on the top and bottom of the quilt while quilting near the top or bottom of the available throat space? It's worse with the ruler base on, but still hits the bottom of the snappers even without the ruler base.  Seems like there should be just a bit more space below the dead bar, but this frame doesn't allow for any adjustments that I can see. I know I could leave a lot more backing at the top of the quilt, but that's not always available.
Suggestions?

Helen 

I had the same issue with the deluxe table.  You need to get the snappers behind the dead bar.  We had a couple of lengths of fabric about six inches wide the we would baste to the backer with our domestic machine.  Adding six inches to the top edge of the backer allows you to get the snappers behind the dead bar and if you load the top so you start just below the added strip you should have ample backer at the bottom of the quilt.  If you use a basting stitch it is easy to pull your strip off when you are done and the you can reuse next time they are needed.  

Hope this helps

Nigel