NQR-Roses

It is a beautiful rose! I hope the fragrance is equal to it's beauty. I haven't had any problem with deer until this year. I live in a heavily wooded area. So far they have only eaten the blooms off of one of my hostas...maybe I should check again.

:)

Cheryl

What a beautiful rose and how kind of your husband to plant them for the deer. I extended this kindness as well last year when I planted hosta's (loved them!) and other flowering plants for the local deer to pick and chose from. One of the deer even left me it's antler which I thought was an appropriate way for it to say thank you.

Cathie

Oh so beautiful! I love roses and when we moved to the hills about 12 years ago I left behind a huge rose garden in the valley. So I planted more up here along with our annual produce garden. After two years and resorting to electric fences we kept the deer out in the pastures instead of our yard. Then one night someone didn't get the gates closed in the barn and the goat children spent the night devouring everything so carely tended on two acres!!!! Goat Tacos!!!! Not really cuz I love the brats but it was so tempting. Do you happen to know the name of your rose? I may try again next spring.

Jeanette

CathieD, you totally CRACK me UP! :P:D:P:D LOL!

Linda, your DH has a real thorny thumb...he grows gorgeous roses! :) I love the fresh dew/rain drops on the petals.

Just think of those little deer and the "goat children" as contributing to the pruning of the roses. They are just trying to help... right?

It never ceases to amaze me how they can eat such prickly things like roses. They ate my gooseberry bushes! We have an electric fence which DH has elected to put where he wants and not where I say, concequently they chewed off some potatoes and beans because they can get in from that end of the yard. Now I just have to put on my demand voice to get the fence put where it should be or they will get the tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, well, everything else!

Cher

Those are the most beautiful roses, Linda! Thank you for sharing them with us. Tell you DH for me he's a winner! I LOVE roses!

About the deer... yes, they do love roses too! When my dad was buried up at Willamette the funeral guy told us when we bring flowers to please leave the plastic wrap and all behind, as it hurts the deer when they come to eat the roses. I didn't think it could be true, that deer eat roses etc...... but when we came back the next day to see where they had put Dad, all the roses had been eaten off, leaving the stems intact. Such a funny thing!

Archived