Stitch Regular cutting in and out

I've had my millennium for 1 year. The machine has worked wonderfully, however, 2 days ago I notice that the stitch regulator is cutting in and out. We have cleaned the little black encoder wheels and tightened them. Do I need to replace them? Please help.

Laura Rawlings

Hi Laura

In which direction is it cutting out horizontally or vertically. When you have decided that then you'll know which encoder and rubber wheel to check.

First make sure the plug that comes out of the encoder is connecting to the plug that comes out of the machine, it might have come loose.

Then,take a look at the rubber wheel that is attached to the encoder box as you are moving the machine to make sure that the rubber wheel is moving consistently inside the larger brown/black wheel. If it is not, loosen the gold bolt that goes through the large wheel and the chrome plate that is attached to the black encoder box , just enough so that you can push the black box so that the rubber wheel is connecting better within the larger wheel.

If this doesn't work, you might need to adjust the height of the rubber wheel inside the larger carriage wheel by loosening off the little allan key screws that are on the collar above or below the rubber wheel, then adjusting the height of the rubber wheel for closer contact - then tightening up those allan key screws.

If none of those work, you might have a bad encoder box, you can test this by swapping the leads from the head encoder to the carriage encoder to see if it works. If it doesn't work then you will need to order a new one.

good luck

sue in australia

Archived