Wierd problem

lyonden

I had something happen today that has never happened to me before and I have been quilting since about 1993. I was quietly working from the front of my machine, on my quilt, and the machine just stopped working. I didn't have my hands on the controls, couldn't find any connections that were loose so I continued on. This happened 3 times today. Each time I looked for something not connected tight enough or some problem. Each time I came up with nothing wrong. There was no noise, no wierd sound, nothing. I have a Millie and just never have ANY problem with it. As I was standing there scratching my head in bewilderment, I looked down and couldn't believe what caused it. I don't know if you all do this or not but I use yard sticks under my velcro strips that are connected to the quilt to stabalize it. Well, the edge of the yardstick was in the perfect position to push the yellow button on the back of the machine and of course because of the safeties, it stops the machine. After all these years, this has never happened before. Go figure!! :o:P

That is really wierd. It's amazing that you even were able to figure it out.

I was using yard sticks, but they kept falling in the floor when rolling the quilt.

Now I have some $1.00 each metal curtain rods -- the old fashioned white kind that are L-shaped at each end. So they will stay across the rollers better. I got mine from Dollar General.

Archived