Dawn Cavanaugh is teaching at Road2CA

Hi everybody,

I was just in my LQS and a friend who went to Road to California last year asked if I knew who Dawn Cavanaugh was. Well, she quilts with her DSM so she did not know who the Director of Education for APQS was. I told her she was the quilting Diva with all the answers. My friend told me that Dawn is teaching at Road2CA in Jan 2008.

I went to the web-site Road to California and checked out the classes and sure enough, there she was.

I know January is a long way off, but Dawn's classes are bound to fill up early. And you don't have to be a LAer to benefit from these classes. I learned so much in the MQS class called "This quilt is trouble".

Hey, all you Missouri, Nebraska, Michigan people. Doesn't California sound good in January. :cool: Only 50 minutes from the Laguna Beach; 44 minutes from Hollywood; 37 minutes from Disneyland. Come on, take the road to California.;)

That poor quilt...the pumpkin/purple poly puppy.....its been picked on way to much. Dawn...have pitty and put it out of its misery.

Ladies, if you ever get to take this class with this LOVELY ;) quilt as a sample of what not to do...you will be very thankful you don't have to quilt it....and then know the answer as to why some teachers stand in the corner banging their heads against the wall. :)

Linda,

Count me in! I'll even carpool with you. We start building next month in Julian, just up the hill from you. If my house in Valley Center sells by then, I be living in a rental or my travel trailer until the house is finished. I don't care as long as I can set up my mille somewhere. I designed the house around my quilting studio! Finally, a real room to sew!

I couldn't miss the opportunity to take classes like that when they're so close to home! Gotta run, my dog is trying to eat someone for breakfast.

I love the photo of Dawn's class! At first glance, I thought they were all praying to the quilt gods (except for the blond behind Dawn!) Then I realized they were looking at that quilt on the floor. Maybe it was so bad they WERE praying!!

Just for fun! Linda R

Hey, all you Missouri, Nebraska, Michigan people. Doesn't California sound good in January. :cool: Only 50 minutes from the Laguna Beach; 44 minutes from Hollywood; 37 minutes from Disneyland. Come on, take the road to California.;)

Palos Verdes Peninsula has the most beautiful beaches in the world. If you saw the movie, Life as a House, by Kevin Kline, you'll get a little glimpse of how beautiful it is. Its a one hour drive from the conference center on a good day (no traffic). Most people miss out on this one when they come and rarely do people even here go check it out so its one of those great kept secrets. Its not a tourist location so you may find a little cove with a beach all to yourself. If you do go, there is a lovely chapel that is made almost entirely out of glass which overlooks the ocean high up on a cliff that is very popular for weddings which is very beautiful to visit (Wayfarer's Chapel). There is also a lighthouse nearby (Pt. Vicente) with an interpretive center that is also another interesting place during whale watching season. Tide pools, kayaking, tennis, golfing, horseback riding, a pottery studio open to the public....gosh, you could spend a week there and never get bored.:P

Ooooo..... you are tempting me, Linda......... I know a place that can house four at least, and more if you sleep on the floor... no wait, three, I forgot the upstairs bed was moved downstairs. But one bed is a queen, I think, so if you don't mind sleeping together.... But that's only if my DH and SIL don't sell my MIL's house before then. It's in Duarte, which is east of Arcadia/Monrovia, which is east of Pasadena, which is east of Glendale, which is east of LA, which is east of the beach. Yup. Where is this quilt show or quilter's convention taking place? It would be so fun to room with some of you in the condo, then ride together. I don't like driving down there anymore, it's become WAYYY too crowded and WAYYY too stupid. Rather be a passenger any day!

You all want great weather, however, you must remember that So. Cal. traditionally gets heavy rains in January. Yup. Mud slides, flash floods, the works. I was caught in a hurricane one year on the way to class at Chapman. Never wish that on anybody! Got there safe, and everything was cancelled. Silly me, didn't watch the news or anything. Two tornadoes that day in LA. Yup. It happens. So if you hope for great weather just don't be disappointed when it's awful, LOL!!

Mary Beth, you'd make a great movie star. Much better than those people in the tabloids, *I* think. ;)

Archived