QUILT RETREAT, MANSFIELD OHIO, DELOA JONES, SUE PATTEN, JAMMIE WALLEN, JODI ROBINSON,

WHERE: MANSFIELD, OHIO

WHEN: Oct 8-11

LIMITED SPACES CALL ME FOR FURTHER INFO

Hello Campers

It is time again to think about coming to camp. We will be gathering again at Camp Mowana Oct 8-11. I am so excited to have back the teachers we had last year because we couldn?t all be in the same place at the same time. You get another chance to take some classes that you just couldn?t fit in before. We are having Jodi Robinson, Jamie Wallen, Sue Patten, and DeLoa and David Jones. Jessica can?t join us this year. She decided to go on her honeymoon instead?you know ,I tried to teach her priorities but a mother can only do so much. We wish her a lot of love and happiness as she starts her new adventure. She will join us next year.

The costs are similar to what they have been in year?s past. We have hands on classes and demo classes. We also have some classes in which no machines are necessary. I hope that you can take advantage of this time at camp to get inspired and move your quilting to a different level. Again I have broken down the costs so that everyone can customize your experience to your liking so if you have any questions about the fees just contact me.

DeLoa Jones

Filling in the fillers

This is a new class that I am debuting this year. I have taken different traditional background fillers such as clamshell, crosshatching. Etc, and spruced them up to make flaming clamshells, twirls, and so many more. If you are looking for new background fillers with a twist on the traditional, you will be delighted with the combinations that this makes (6 hr hands on)

Flowers and Leaves

This class is a favorite among my students and the designs are definitely a favorite with my customers. I kill every plant that comes into my house so the only flowers that grow are the ones I quilt. Learn how to quilt flowers that will continue across the quilt and put different flowers in swags, wreaths and other arrangements. Pretty soon you will have a green thumb too. (6 hour hands on)

Thread Whimsy

This class is pure fun. I have taken many techniques done by domestic machine and adapted them to the longarm. You will learn how to make an embroidered ribbon on a single piece of fabric, make embroidered flowers to appliqu? onto the quilt, couching fibers, and a little Angelina goes a long way. Join me for an exploration into the possibilities to embellish your quilts.(3 hr demo)

Jodi Robinson

Quilt To Fill (6 hr Hands-On):

This Class is designed to help anyone who has been hesitant to do freehand quilting. Because the ?Quilt to Fill? method gives you some marked boundaries to stay within, it is an excellent method for anyone who has been reluctant to move into doing freehand designs.

Skill Level: Confident Beginner

Longarm Play Date (6 hr Hands-On):

In this class we will do exactly what the title says?PLAY! This class is designed to boost your creativity and explore the endless possibilities with your longarm machine. We will use fabric markers and dye inks to create the easiest faux applique and shadow applique / trapunto ever. Then we will throw in some sheer layers, couched fibers, and even a few silk flowers. Come ready for some creative play and I?ll bring the toys. You will leave class with ideas flying through your head!

Skill Level: Any

Less Stress Feathers (3 hr. demo ):

My ?Less Stress Feathers? will allow you to stitch formal style feathers without the STRESS of backtracking. If you like the look of formal feathers, but have been struggling with the backtracking required to stitch them ? or you would like to stitch them in a contrasting thread ? then these feathers are just what you are looking for. Elegant AND easy, what more could you ask for !

Skill Level: Confident Beginner/Intermediate

Painted Peacock (Hands-On Fabric Painting Project - No machine required):

One of the class samples that I show in many of my Longarm classes is a small wall quilt of a painted peacock ? and in every class I am asked if I will teach this, and so here it is ? the debut class for the painted peacock wall hanging. This project is created using an iron on transfer (other designs will be available if you are not interested in the peacock), and then coloring it with your choice of fabric painting medium. A small class fee will be collected for the supplies used in class.

Skill Level: Any

Jamie Wallen

TMystical Cottontracks: Extending Boundaries in our Freehand Quilting

In this class we are going to hit the cotton quilting "freehand Style". Jamie will cover his original allover designs for edge to edge, including His trademark, "Flurry of Angels" (and its variations), Hearts Take Flight, Scrollwork, New Woodcut Feathers, and many others. We will then take these designs to the High-End custom quilting level with related block and sash designs. Students please bring a couple 8x11 newsprint pads.

TEXTURES IN INK

In this class we will be creating different textures on fabric using various mediums including fabric inks. Students will receive a classroom kit ( Faces, Fur, or Flower).

Jamie will take you step by step through the process of creating a remarkable likeness to be utilized in your own portrait or story quilt projects.

There will be a 12.00 materials fee added onto the class fee.

Threadfusion 1: Artistic Delights for Every Quilter

Come prepared to experience and learn a mouth watering array of techniques and designs that will make your projects sing. In this class we will uncover exciting new textures and apply them to new set-ins, sashings and borders. Participants will also learn outrageous fillers to showcase these unearthly delights. Come experience the concept of "Threadfusion!" Please bring an 8x11 newsprint tablet to class.

Sue Patten

Thread Art Extreme

If you have ever wanted to thread art on your longarm, then come and see how fun and easy it can be. Sue will take you step by step from outline thread art straight through to full fill in. Use a mixture of solid and variegated threads to shade and create a tapestry design. Discuss thread weight, batting, and tension, Also touch on reversible and non reversible projects. Come experience a world of beauty created with thread.(3 hr demo

Free Motion Possibilities

This hands on class is packed full of inspiration. Create unique designs for everyday quilt blocks, sashing, and cornerstones. Using a three step method, you?ll discover how quick, easy and accurate free motion quilting can be. So leave your templates, marking tools, and laser designs behind and come experience the excitement of free motion possibilities. 6 hr hands on

Sassy Sashings and Brilliant Background Fillers

If you have ever found yourself stuck for sashing ideas or stumped on creating new and exciting background fillers, then this class is for you. Sue will show you dozens of unique sashing and background filler designs. This class is an all out free-motion frenzy of new inspirations 6 hr hands on

David Jones

Apqs maintenance class

If you want to know everything about the guts of your machine and are afraid to ask then this is the class for you. Dave even knows what that ?thingy on the side of the machine? is called. Learn what you need to keep on hand and how to set your machine so it will run the smoothest it ever has. (2 hr demo)

Show and tell

This is always a favorite of mine. The rule is that you bring one thing quilted and one thing unquilted. That way we get to oohh and ahhh over your quilting and you can bring that top that you have no idea what to do and get loads of ideas from everyone present. It is always a great idea session.

Schedule

Monday (Oct 8)

1:00 ?throughout the evening?arrival

Tuesday (Oct 9) Wednesday (Oct 10) Thursday (Oct 11)

8:00 ? Breakfast 8:00 ? breakfast 8:00 --breakfast

9:00 - 12:00 classes 9:00 ? 12:00 classes 9:00 ?12:00 classes

Filling in the Fillers ( 6 hour class) Flowers and Leaves (6 hr class) Quilt to Fill(6 hr class

S.Sashings and Brilli Background Fill Longarm Playdate (6 hr class Free Motion Possibilities (6)

Mystical Cotton Tracks (3hr) Thread Fusion (6 hr) Thread Whimsy (3 hr

Painted Peacock (3 hr) Thread Art Extreme (3 hr demo)

12:00--- Lunch 12:00 ?Lunch 12:00 --Lunch

1:00 ? 4:00 classes 1:00 ?4:00 classes 1:00 ?4:00 classes

Filling in the Fillers Flowers and Leaves Quilt to Fill

S.Sashings and Brilli Background Fill Longarm Playdate Free Motion Possibilities

Less Stress feathers (demo) Thread Fusion Textures in Ink (4 hr )

5:00 ? Dinner 5:00 Dinner Departures

7:00 ? Show and Tell 7:00 APQS maintenance class

Fees are adjusted so that everyone can customize your camp experience to fit your desires. You aren?t required to stay any certain amount of time. If you want to come one day or all 3 it doesn?t matter. I will enjoy any time you can spend with us. Fees are based on double occupancy, if you want a single room ,we can do that but there is a fee adjustment. Just call me and we can make that adjustment. Also if you have a room mate that you want to share with just let me know and we will assign you together.

Room and board (each day includes 3 meals except there will be no meal Monday night)

1 Overnight (per person) $ 81.00

2 Overnights (per person) $149.50

3 Overnights (per person) $211.00

Daytime fee (per person) $ 30.00

Classes

Hands on Classes $150.00

Demo classes $ 60.00

Maintenance class $ 50.00

Classes are limited so if you want to reserve your space for camp send a deposit of $100.00 to DeLoa Jones and sign up for the classes you want. The balance will be sent to you before camp and can be paid at camp. If you have a need to cancel we reserve the right to withhold all deposits 60 days before the camp.

Dave and I will be handling the registrations so I will give you both of our cell phones and our home phone no and address

DeLoa Jones

15804 M-140

South Haven, MI 49090

269-639-2123

DeLoa cell 269-767-2819

Dave cell 269-767-2799

Archived