Caution...Shameless Bragging

I finally finished this quilt- 2 years in planning, working with the committee, piecing, quilting, and now it is off to get the binding finished. I'm very pleased, but I'm also glad it's gone.

I pieced the chain border... 236 1.5" HST and over 425 1.5" squares... What was I thinking???

Theres more pictures on my webshots

http://community.webshots.com/user/TheCraftyUnicorn

post--13461898301066_thumb.jpg

What were you thinking? Maybe this might be one of the most beautiful quilts ever? It is wonderful. Be proud. Thanks for the "bring and brag" part of our forum. (My boys thought show and tell in first grade was really bring and brag). You should really be pleased with this one. -- I know what you mean when you say you are glad it is gone. When I first joined a quilting group, I could not believe it when the ladies would say they were glad that the quilt was finished and out of the house and they were soooo happy. How could they part with that beauty? I am now after sixteen years saying the same thing. Glad that puppy is finished and gone. Maybe it is so we can move on to the next one. Once again, GREAT QUILT.

Leslie, I know it may have been a pain, but I love the border! It goes with the center perfectly. Your feathers are beautiful, they go so nicely with the flowers. It really is an all around beautiful quilt. Congrads to you for all your work. DB

Beautiful job, Leslie!! I love these flowers in pots, and your quilting is fantastic! That is a LOT of HST and little squares, but you did a superb job piecing them, as they seem to match all over the place. This is such a charming quilt!

What a gorgeous quilt! I love all the feather work! Did you just draw the spines in and then do the feathers. They look perfect, you can even see where you backtracked! That's where I have lots of practising to do! Thank-you so much for the inspiration!

Cher

What a gorgeous quilt! I love all the feather work! Did you just draw the spines in and then do the feathers. They look perfect, you can even see where you backtracked! That's where I have lots of practising to do! Thank-you so much for the inspiration!

Cher

What a gorgeous quilt! I love all the feather work! Did you just draw the spines in and then do the feathers? They look perfect, you can even see where you backtracked! That's where I have lots of practising to do! Thank-you so much for the inspiration!

Cher

You really have those feathers down...The whole quilt is very beautiful!

I, too, would be interested in who the quilt is for. With all those pieces in the chain border, I hope it is for YOU!

Love the old-fashioned look of the fabrics (or were they vintage?)

Great quilting...thanks for sharing and motivating the rest of us.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I realize I left out some details in my quick post this AM. Yes, the quilt is for a raffle. Some of the details (and ticket prices if you're interested) are on my blog

The Crafty Unicorn Quilting blog

More pictures and info will be there this afternoon. The money will go to help the town of Columbia Falls, Maine restore their Town Hall building.

Yes, I marked the spines with a disappearing blue marker (I was scared of that much muslin and the wash-out ones) and then just feathered away.

As for the HST I have one word... Thangles! They all came out perfect and saved what little sanity I have.

Archived