PICKED UP MY NEW MILLIE YESTERDAY!!

Hubby and I took a road trip to APQS yesterday and picked up my new millie! Got home last night about 5:30, started assembling the table...etc. Finished up about 11:00 p.m.

Now, I have errands to run for church this a.m., have to go to work this afternoon, having family show up this eve. and we have alot to do at church this whole weekend, setting up for our ice-cream social, so we can send kids to see the pope in 2008 (from all our proceeds).

Looks like I wont get to play with her until Monday, but boyyyy does she look pretty sitting all smug and "winking" ;)at me when I pass by my quilting room.

What a wonderful hubby I have....He purchased her for me for our anniversary...Love em BOTH!!!! Just had to share the news! :)

I upgraded, so will I even get a class? Woo Hoo if i do!! Dawn....u out there? Do I get a class with you????? I actually never even took a class when I purchased my first APQS machine, but oh well.......If I can have one now, and fit it into my schedule....I'd LOVE to take a class with Dawn.

Oh that's easy...her name is Betty, after the only Grandma I ever knew/had. I lost her to Breast Cancer in 1989. And could she sew!!! She not only made quilts, she made clothing, drapery, costumes...she re-covered all the cushions in a used Winnebago camper my grandfather purchcased. And...she did it all on an old black straight stitch singer machine I swore was from the civil war! LOL! (it wasn't...just looked like that when I was a kid...)

So...., Betty...she is!

Aw..... Sheri, that's so sweet!! Kiss your hubby for me too.... well, anyway, kiss your hubby! What a catch! Could he call mine and have a nice chat about how to make your wifey FEEL loved? Ok, no more about mine. Congratulations on your new baby! May she live long and prosper in your home.... I mean, may you have many happy quilting hours with your Mille!

Sheri,

Way to go!! You sure can come over to Des Moines and take your class. We have them coming up in August and September. Just call Brandie at 800-426-4233 and she can schedule it.

There's also an "advanced beginner" class offered the day after the beginner class that might be fun for you, since you're really already "skilled" :).

I look forward to seeing you. Have fun with "Betty!"

Dawn

Archived