Some new pictures

These quilts will not inspire you with fancy quilting but hopefully it will make your heart feel good. I've made five quilts for Quilts of Valor. They're all quilted and the binding is on but only 2 of them are finished and ready to go. I took pix of the label, the note and the bag for one and just the quilt and bag for the second one. Anyway . . here's the pix: http://community.webshots.com/album/286732656tORZVA

Remember the children whose mom died? I have all four of those quilted and the binding is on but only two have all the handwork done and you can see them at http://community.webshots.com/album/139891348xwmvtP . It's the first two quilts in the album. I love the pink and purple dancing stars!

Judy,

I do not know what you're talking about... Those quilts are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

They are going to be well loved. You are one of my heroes!!!

Thanks for doing these wonderful quilts and for inspiring us newbies to get involved in QOV and other worthy quilt projects!

:)

Thanks! I really had fun and if it wasn't for wanting spending $$ so I could buy fabric without DH knowing how much I'm spending, I would make donation quilts all day every day. Once I started playing around with the label and the little case for the quilt, I really wanted to do that all day. I had two quilts to get done today (thankfully two small panto quilts) so here it is 11 p.m. and guess what I'm doing because I played all day!!

Thanks everyone. You always say such nice things! I knew you'd make me feel better about getting behind on customer quilts in order to get these done! ;)

I have to stay on schedule so I can get all the quilts out of here before we go on spring break!! So . . stop talking to me!:P

What wonderful work and wonderful quilts for wonderful reasons! As far as I'm concerned, this is what quilting is all about. I get too caught up in my own quilts and forget what's really important. I have two QOV's just sitting in my bedroom that need to go to new homes, and I want to make more, which I won't do with those sitting in there! Thank you for the nudge! As always, you are an inspiration!

Judy,

Thanks for showing your QOV and donation quilts! I'm always inspired by your thoughtful advice and excellent quilting, but today it's your generous heart that inspires me as well! :D

And it's just the kick in the pants that I need to get my own donation quilts done!

Gift and donation quilts are the reason I started doing this in the first place - and lately I've allowed myself to get "too busy" with customers to do more.

Thanks for the reminder that we can find the time to do the important things that matter (and that we want to do) and time to take care of business, too......even if it means quilting that panto at 11:00pm!

Sherri Dolly

Overland Park, KS

APQS Mil

Judy, Judy, Judy,

As usual, your quilting is wonderful....thanks for sharing your pictures. You are one of my heroes, and seeing your work is always an inspiration to me.

I just finished quilting a QOV top(including the binding) for a lady in Pennsylvania. I still need to make the pillowcase for it. Guess I'd better get at it! Also have the material to make one or so of my own for that worthy cause. It's nice to be able to do this. They need so many.:(:(more every day. Need lots of people to get involved in this.

Thanks again for sharing.....Phyllis

Little off topic, but news to me as a Trustee in the VFWA (Veterans of Foriegn Wars Auxillary) recieved a note that the local VA's all over the US are having difficulty getting t-shirts, sweat tops and sweat pants for our veterans, and when they get them all the have is those sexy hospital gowns. Our post will be contacting our local hospital and finding out their needs and I will contact my favorite t-shirt printing place for pricing to get items for you. SO if you don't have time to SEW, donate clothing to the VA or money for them to shop. It is needed.

But I wish I could get you all stars from me to put on your halos, when you find it for participating in these honorable charities. They are Feel Good Quilts.

Debbie Rolek

Phyllis: Why don't you find a picture someone has taken that shows the detail you like and then holler directly at that person. Holler at them via this MB so we can all benefit form the response, ok?

I'm the worst photographer and I'm surprised my quilts are ever accepted at shows because the pictures are so awful.

Well, Judy, your's are some that show the quilting nicely...I think your pictures turn out good. Most of the pictures shown here are pretty good.....so how do you get the stitching to show up?

Also, gotta say "thanks to all" for the good chuckles, chortles, and snorts I got out of the posts in the "classified/for sale or to buy" section. I was gonna post a thanks there but figured it was the wrong section!! My sense of humor is in a weird place tonight...sorry!

I love this chat board.......Phyllis

Phyllis: Just so you don't think I'm rude, I'm responding to your post but I have NO advice on taking pictures. Mine really are awful. I must wiggle just when I push the button because most of the time they don't seem crisp. But, knowing I don't know what I'm talking about . . here's what helps.

I have double doors on the back side of my house (west) and in the early afternon, I seem to get really good light for picture taking. Maybe find a spot where you can take pictures with the perfect light. For me, having a spot big enough to get a picture is a problem in my studio.

I use a 5 megapixel camera but I think the 2.1 MP makes pictures that are just as good . . I would do a test but it needs a new battery and I think I have to go to a battery store to get one.

I usually hang the quilt and take a bout 10 pictures, load those on the camera and hope at least 1 is clear.

My advice -- kinda like quilting . . practice! Hang a quilt and take a bunch of pictures from different distances and in different light -- morning, mid-day, afternoon -- and see if you can see any differences.

How's that for a bunch of words that say nothing? Sorry -- I just know nothing about taking pictures.

Archived