Quilt Guests

Hello Everyone,

I thought you may be interested in the up coming guests on The Quilt Show (Gizmo Girl job security, LOL!) Anyway, these next 6 shows were adjusted with the member suggestions. Lighting is improved, less chit chat, TONS of quilts & more close ups, and 3 times the amount of content as Simply Quilts. The next show #107 w/Jean Wells is 1 hour and 5 minutes! That would be 3 SQ shows combined! Oh, and I'm on it......... LOL!

I hope I am not coming across as to pluggie. Well, APQS is a sponsor! I'm just excited and wanted to share. Let me know if your sick of me. I can take it!

Here is the new line up of guests:

Available

July 23rd Episode 107 ? Portraits from Nature

Special Guest Jean Wells uses inspirations from nature to create a series of small quilts. The surprise is how they are combined and displayed! Ricky demonstrates making a block with only one seam, Photo Man gives advice on selecting photos for use in quilts and Gizmo Girl helps us get portable.

Posts on July 23, 2007 - retires July 23, 2008

Available

Aug 13th Episode 108 ? Memories and Memorials; Quilts Tell a Story

Special guest Mary Fisher is a good-will ambassador for the United Nations and her quilts document her journeys to Africa. She demonstrates unique ways of creating original fabric by stamping and block printing. Ricky and Alex both demonstrate how to make a memory block.

Posts on August 13, 2007 - retires August 13, 2008

Available

Sept 3rd Episode 109 ? Piping Hot Piecing!

"Pipping Hottie."Susan Cleveland demonstrates Piping Hot Piecing by sewing piping into pieced seams. Mother Superior, Heather Purcell (Superior Threads) talks about how different threads will effect the finished look of a quilt. Ricky plays a tune.

Posts on September 3, 2007 - retires September 3, 2008

Available

Sept 24th Episode 110 ? A Quilter Connects with History

Join us as award-winning Australian quilter,Pam Holland tells about her connections to quilting and the year 1776, but not in America. Pam teaches how to make one of her original blocks that is both traditional and timeless. Includes Gizmo Girl.

Posts on September 24, 2007 - retires September 24, 2008

Available

Oct 15th Episode 111 ? The Purrfect Quilt

Ann Fahl, teacher and author, well-known for coloring with thread, appears on the show and shares her whimsical series of quilts based on her beloved and mischievous cat. Ann demonstrates a pattern for creating a colorful cat and Gizmo Girl talks about lollipops for quilters and getting techie with new, easy-to-use computer patterns for quilters.

Posts on October 15, 2007 - retires October 15, 2008

Available

Nov 5th Episode 112 ? Threadplay and Sheer Ribbon Illusions

Thread embellishment and sewing machine expert,Libby Lehman shares her Sheer Ribbon Illusion technique and demonstrates how she uses the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator). Ricky performs a tune from Heart and Soul.

Posts on November 5, 2007 - retires November 5, 2008

Available

Nov 26th Episode 113 ? Our 2007 Quilt Legend Show - TBA

One time each year, The Quilt Show will honor an individual whose lifelong achievement is noteworthy for this special award. The entire show, shot on location, will feature this person, their life and their work. The name will not be announced in advance.

Posts on November 26, 2007 - retires November 26, 2008

post--1346189830447_thumb.jpg

OMG Linda! I new you guys would get it. That iphone has a pretty big screen too! Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I had to wear a minimizer bra, and top & bottom Spankx to keep everything under control for taping. Girdles are sooooo dated! How long did you stand in line for that phone? I want one!

Shana, you are one of the nicest people I know! I'll tell TQS you said thanks. They will LOVE hearing it! The first 6 shows they got a couple (there's always a few isn't there?!) very offensively negative emails. (about lighting, commercials, chit chat etc.) Bless their hearts (R&A), they were so upset. Alex and Ricky literally put their heart and soul into making these shows. Everyone had hounded Alex to death about her, "quitting" SQ's -she thought people would be grateful to have the new show. It took just the couple (compared to the thousands of positive ones) of negative comments to almost ruin their enthusiasm. These new shows reflect the constructive comments that viewers have made. If these are not raveley reviewed I don't know what to say! But I guess you can't please everyone all the time! There is so much content, tips & tricks, and hands on quilting.

I have to tell you about guest #108. I'm in LOVE with Mary Fisher. So much so that I bought and read her memoir. She was a featured speaker at the Republican National Convention the election that Bill came in (early 90's). She stated something like, "I'm a white, married, REPUBLICAN mother, I have HIV/AIDS. She is so inspiring, nice, beautiful, & so kind. She travels to Africa often to help infected women there. Mary started them working making bracelets that are now "O" (Oprah magazine) bracelets. They are sold through macys.com with all proceeds reinvested into the women and keeping them working. I could go on and on.......

Thanks for your support, it means so much!

Sue you are a sweet heart! Hey, I had a live chat w/TQS a couple of days ago. A lady down under should be contacting you, she's in the market, wasn't sure what way she wanted to go. She's now intrigued with APQS. Hope it works out!

KENNA!! GIRL, YOU MAKE ME LAUGH MY BUT OFF!! You don't miss a thing!

Thanks Grammie! Yeah, I didn't even mention Mary's quilts. One that she showed has pictures of women & children in Africa. She looked at the quilt and said that most if not all the people pictured are dead. She does beautiful art quilts with words and paints and pictures. Beautiful. One of our producers bought one. She does sell some of her work on her website -FYI. Oh, by the way -Mary is in the above picture. She's the one with the black rim glasses.

JoAnn, you are a QUEEN! Can't wait to have you and Jan with me in 13 days! You are going to get some great door prizes this time around. I have got some great things coming!

Going to Nordstrom's Anniversary sale today!!

Cheryl, STOP THAT!!! You are SOOOOOOO beautiful, and I love seeing you everyday. There, now quit dissing yourself!

Thanks for all the info, and posting the BEAUTIFUL pictures. And thanks for telling us about Mary. I will go out and find her book this week! Wow! what a story! Almost enough to make me vote Republican......... well....... anyway..... almost..... LOL! What a BRAVE woman!

As my fantastic father "would" have said....."There is just more of that girl to love". :D This coming from someone who had five daughters and never had a negative thing to say about any of us, and taught us all that ranch work WAS an equal opportunity operation. :cool: There are some days I would just like to be the damsel in distress. ;)

cheryl, You are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!. there are some us who would love to have to wear aminimizer bra LOL. thank you for sharing all the news about the upcoming episodes and Mary's story. That is what life is about isn't it, giving back and sharing with others. so did you buy out Nordstroms?

As for the negative comments---remember--"Some people would complain if you hung them with a NEW ROPE!" It would be interesting to look into the lives of those people who can find so much imperfection in others...and

one other thing to remember...when they are talking about you...they are talking about one of the nicest people around!

I really, really enjoy the Quilt Show. I watched the one about Ireland last night and wanted to watch it again right then. However, it was 1:00 a.m. so I decided that I better do it another day. It's just hard to wait for the next one to come out.

I do wish that I could make it appear bigger on my monitor, but please don't even consider that a complaint. If I had to watch it on a two inch screen, I'd gladly do it. I'm sure there is probably a way to make it bigger, but I haven't figured it out.

Cheryl, you looked great on screen. I wish I'd known about that pre-made sleeve before. I spent the last two days making sleeves and labels for four quilts. It would have saved me a lot of time if I'd watched that program before.

I hope the program goes on for years and years.

Phyllis

Cheryl Baby Sweet Heart

I am quilting like a crazy person to get ready for the show.... I can't wait to see you do the famous flip in person.... girl we will have to take some time out to chat!!!! I arrive as soon as JoAnn leaves but I will catch up with her after the show when I fly out to her place for a few days:cool: I am tring to figure out how to get three suite cases of quilts into two suite cases and a carry on!!! LOL I might have to put my cloths in my purse !!! And then of course I can't bring anything with me to JoAnns because Jon is meeting me there and we are driving home on the bike!!! I love business trips !!LOL I love what I do for a living.... I just love longarm quilting !!!! OK toooooo much coffee and no sleep I think I am typing faster then my brain is thinking but I just wanted to let you know that you can stand beside me and flip that dooooooo anytime anywhere in any outfit and you'd still look like a star!!!;) OK enough typing I need to get back to my studio and get quilting !!!! See you in about two weeks!!!!!:P:cool:

Archived