Who's going to Houston ?

I'm going this year for the first time. And I live in north central Florida. Where are you? My daughter has moved to Houston, and my mom (who lives in Illinois, but winters in Florida) is going to meet us there. Mom is also a quilter.

I am waiting for a class schedule, but my plan is to take Jamie Wallen's cottontracks class.

Karol

Inverness, Fl

I waited too long to sign up for classes at Houston, and the CottonTracks class is now FULL. I was so disappointed. That was the main one I wanted to take.

So, I went overboard, and signed up for three classes on Friday. We'll see if I made it in to them on time.

Oh, well, I'm still elated to have the chance to go.

karol

Inverness, FL

I got the class schedule for Houston and am a little disappointed. :( The are no Longarm lecture demos! I don't see Myrna, or Karen, or Sherry, or Nichole, or Dawn......I don't have a machine yet and don't want to walk into a class and just grab on without having even had A practice much less some practice, practice, practice. ok, I take it back, I'm not a little disappointed...I'm VERY disappointed! Last year was the first time I even took a class of any kind, (took Karens, found a kindred spirit!), and it was the first time I was interested at all in machine quilting and as a result I paid no attention to the fabric at all! I live in Houston and have not missed a show 23 years. I was sooo looking forward to more classes where I could just listen and watch and learn.

Hi all, for my classes in Houston, they are as follows. Mon. I have marking options for longarm [ Goldswothy ], on Tues. I have longarm feather frenzy[ L. Taylor ], and Fri. I have mystical cottontracks [Wallen ]. Guess I got pretty lucky huh !! I'll be doing some take and teach at market also. Hope to meet some of you there. Does anyone else have any of these classes ? Glenda

Glenda it looks like we will have several classes together. I am taking quilts with great edges, fabulous photo quilts, longarm fancy feather frenzydigital photography, amazing ways with circles and rays, kaleidoscope ABC's, More sashes and Borders, Mystical cottontracks and Threadfusion.

I am staying at the Hilton. Where are you staying?

Raquel

Karol, I'm half way between Jacksonville and Tallahasse. Raquel, I couldn't get a room at the Hilton this year. I tried booking early Jan and called every other day until March and finally booked at Doubletree. Amazing thing is last year I got a room at the Hilton in JULY ! Go figure.:P I hope these classes areas good as I've heard. My husband is taking a bunch too. Glenda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Blue ribbons! Not getting much response as too who\'s coming, what\'s up with that? Claudia has the most recent thread and only 7 people coming? Come on, who\'ll be here? I\'ll be there Friday and Saturday all day. Not taking classes this year and no machine in sight yet but I\'m scrounging for my ribbon anyway \'cause I\'m a LA\'er at heart!!

I had responded on the other thread that I will be in Houston. Going for both Market and Festival. Not taking any classes this year. I stay witha friend while there. I will put a blue ribbon on my name tag. I will be looking for the blue ribbons to spot others from the Chat. I leave on Thursday.

I am soooo excited.

Its nice to hear so many people excited about going to Houston. It must be Quilt Festival.

I need to go to Houston for some Executor duties so I will do that, spend a day and 1/2 at Festival AND meet my husband and son on Friday night for a Saturday filled with IL duties. Can\'t wait..... about the festival part. Oh and the Mexican food until I pop part.

I would love to find some people who would like to spend Thursday evening looking at quilts........ (no shopping). Let me know ..... or I\'m going to drink micro-brews with by bestest college buddie (Weather Nerds, UNITE).

Until then, I only have to finish 59,435 quilts, a newsletter, help on book report AND decorate a banana to look like Gene Simmons of KISS. Oh, and my sisters are in town this weekend.

The life of a quilter.....

Donna

Hope to see some of you there! My first time to Houston!

However, I have heard it is so huge the chances of getting lost in the show are 99% !! Even finding my friend I\'m going with could be dicey at best if we wander off looking in different directions. We are taking my walky-talky\'s as even cell phones may not work in certain areas of the building I\'m told.

She has been many times as she lives in Texas.

I have also been walking a lot more to get in shape for Houston!;)

I will put a blue ribbon on, but wonder if in reality I will pass anyone I know at all. Many of my local guild friends are also going---and we are not counting on ever seeing each other once we enter the show.:)

Happiness is being lost at the Houston Quilt Festival!:)

Maybe I will see you---maybe I won\'t!;)

Hey Sparkle, Lost ? Can you think of any other place that would be as much fun to be lost in ?? LOL Me and SIL had working phones last year. She has Cingular [ att] and I have sprint-nextel. I shouldn\'t be too hard to spot, I\'ll be with DH. He\'s 6ft 6 in and will be wearing a boot cast. Stll. I\'ll have on a blue ribbon on the necklace part of my badge. Goody, goody, only one more night at home and then on the road! See ya Glenda

Archived