Back from Alaska...

We had a great time on the Holland American Cruise ship.

We took classes from Sharon Pederson, Karen Kay Buckley, Linda Jenkins, and Mary Lou Weidman. They were great. But I don't know how anyone stands to live there with 1/2 of the year in Rain.

We got to Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan and the Hubbard Glacier and the final stop was in Victoria, B. C. It was beautiful in B. C.

We visited the quilt shop there. It was interesting.. but they were extremely slow.

So I didn't buy anything.

One of the best things about the cruise was the Heating Seats in the lady's bathroom....

Now off to Estes Park, Colorado for my son's wedding on Saturday, August 4, 2007. Travel, travel travel....

Barb Wetzel

Glad to know your cruise was fun.

Yes, the panhandle of Alaska as well as most of the northwest (Seattle, WA, Oregon, get a lot of rain) it's just how the jetstream flows...Mother Nature. :)

Did you know that Juneau calls sunshine 'blue clouds?' -- Years ago, I read that on one of the cards in the Trivia Pursiuit game. Remember that game? I never knew they called sunshine Blue Clouds and ever since then, that's what I call sunshine. lol. Barb, where I live in the interior, we do not get a lot of rain. It's dry here, but we have been getting thunder showers every afternoon, so that's good. We need to keep those wildfires at bay... This has been one of the NICEST summers in a long time. Loving it...:cool:

Again, glad you had a good trip. I'd love to take a quilting cruise some day. Enjoy your trip to Colorado and then to Hawaii. Will all your kids be married off after this set of whirlwind trips around the world? ;)

Have a great time in Estes Park for your son's wedding. For five summers I volunteered at the YMCA camp in Estes Park as a team leader for high school youth on a Rotary scholarship. It's a great place to spend summer vacation and the views are spectacular. You might take some Ginko Biloba, 80 to 120 milligrams, one in the morning, and one 12 hours later, to counteract the altitude sickness. That herb helps your blood to absorb oxygen better otherwise you may be out of sorts, tired, and have headaches. I just took it while at quilt camp in Flagstaff and it actually worked well. Hope the wedding is spectacular Barb.

Vicki

Oh Barb, happy wedding today!! I went to Estes Park once..... loooooooooong ago, in my college days. Roomed with someone in Longview (was it Longview) who took us there on our day off from singing (choir tour). But it was January, and the snow was waste-deep - what an experience! Quite interesting mountain shapes. Have a WONDERFUL time!!!

Archived