Innovations 2007

ffq-lar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D:D:D:D ......... Oh this is REALLY something...... :cool::mad::D:P:);):D:D:D

Gals and guys...... My friend from the LQS/guild called me finally to say I couldn't ride with them and get there on time for my first class, but she's sure I'll find someone else. LOLOLOL!!! Is this getting RIDICULOUSER or WHAT???!! :D But as you see..... I'm still laughing, and completely at myself. So all you have a good long laugh too, and I'll see you at Innovations one way or another. LOLAROTF!!!

CAN you believe this??? Not me! :cool:

Ok quilters---have you started your Innovations checklist???

Have you--

Inventoried your thread so you won't buy multiples?

Found the camera and the charger?

Shopped for clothes so they won't see you in your REAL quilting attire?

Pondered adding a class or two? Participants will post classes they would like to sell on the bulletin board next to the registration desk--check there for classes that are full.

Found a purple ribbon to add to your name tag so we can pick each other out in the crowd?

Bring an extra empty suitcase for those purchases? And an extra small bag full of money?

Round up some business cards for exchanging and for class drawings? (Not mandatory but a good thought.)

Email buddies for meeting places and times?

I will be bringing books authored by my quilting heros for signatures--but I am driving so that will be easy.

What am I forgetting here?

I'm excited to see you all soon!!

Hi Linda,

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I especially love the one about thread and not buying duplicates. I"m taking paper and pen to write notes on as well. I know that most instructors have handouts, but I prefer to have everything in one place. I'm funny that way. Less likely to lose a notebook than I am to lose pieces of paper.

Patch,

Haven't heard from you in forever, and I've pretty much given up on your coming at all. If this is incorrect, let me know, otherwise I'll be telling them at the hotel that it's just Bekah and I.

Bekah,

See you at Gateway on that Wed. ready to have a great time, learn lots, share lots and get to know each other better. By golly we're going to have you and that CL great friends you know!

Beth

I hope so Beth. I am using it on a QOV quilt I am doing and I know there has to be some tricks I can learn to make doing borders faster.

we will have lots to talk about on the way home if my brain will remembe what I learned:D It is sleep deprived right now and I am doing good to remember to take my slippers off and put my shoes on to go work:P

see you Wednesday

Sorry, Beth, didn't know you were trying to get in touch with me about it. As I said above, my ride fell through, but I guess I'll be able to ride with Jim after all, as DH doesn't mind me leaving the car over there for three days. Was hoping to hear from some other SW'erners here, but haven't, so that's that. I'll get there with Jim and stay with you two, then home again with Jim, OK? Thanks for asking. See you soon!

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Ok quilters---have you started your Innovations checklist???

Ok - I have my pencils, paper, notepads, etc. I have my purple ribbon for my nametag, some new clothes ( I needed them!), business license/resale cert., class schedule, large suitcase w/extra duffle, 2GB memory card for my camera, and everything else Linda mentioned!

I am excited! I'll be travelling alone this trip so I am looking forward to getting to know all of you who are going to be there!

I'm coming in Tuesday afternoon and hope to volunteer some that day. Question for the locals: how likely is rain?

For Laurie and all the other suitcase packers---

Today is clear, mid 80s--finally summer is here!!

Tomorrow is 80 and clear, extended forecast through the weekend-70s and clear.

This is Washington so rain is always likely!!

You must understand that Northwest rain is usually drizzley. No one in Western Washington ever carries an umbrella--you dress in layers with the outer layer being waterproof.

Joke: How can you tell when winter arrives in Washington? The locals start to wear socks with their shorts and Birkenstocks!! This is actually true!

I will update the weather as we get closer to the date.

I'm gettin' excited!

OK Linda Rech,

Now I am super curious: I wanna see a picture of you decked out in your "winter attire" --- shorts, along with the socks and the Birkenstocks. This I have got to see... ;):P Are your socks knee-hi, mid calf, or the cute little anklets? Are they striped, or have little plaid designs, or are they color coordinated to match the shorts or are they the classic (never go outa style) white socks? :)

Ahem, Shana,

Birkies require ankle socks in whatever color you happen to choose. Matching is not necessary. Honestly, I went to college in Salem, but they had a sister program with a school in Hawaii, so lots of students from there. They'd be marching through the mud puddles in February in flip flops and shorts and a coat over the top. Not a good look.

Beth

Originally posted by BethDurandI went to college in Salem, but they had a sister program with a school in Hawaii, so lots of students from there. They'd be marching through the mud puddles in February in flip flops and shorts and a coat over the top. Not a good look.

:P:P:P Oh!! I am having a visual right now and I gotta tell ya that it ain't purty! (erase, erase, erase)

Maybe that show on cable TV "What Not to Wear." should come visit the college campus in Salem in the spring time. :P:P

Hi Shana--

I'm not a native--I've only lived in Washington since 1970!! I'm a tee-shirt, jeans and Crocs with white socks kinda girl! Maybe a Hawaiian shirt every now and then. I have Crocs in red and black--when I wear the red ones my DH says I'm wearing my clown shoes! He will wait while I change into my black (formal) Crocs if we go somewhere. He's a cutie!

Will any of you be around on Saturday? I'm thinking of driving up on Friday night and then seeing the show/checking out the vendors on Saturday. Nothing definite yet, as I have a customer backlog from surgery this summer, but I'd love to see the quilts and hit that Superior Thread booth. :P I also need to get some new electrodes from Healthy Backs!

Linda

Patty - if you can get someone to give you a ride the short hop, skip, and a jump from the Amtrak station to the Tacoma Dome Light Rail Station (about a half mile), you've got a free ride to the Convention Center.

Linda

Hey, this is ridiculous. I can't get a bus from Tualatin to Union Station. Here's what it tells me to do:

Walk 0.59 mile east from 10064 SW Chickasaw Court to SW Boones Ferry Rd & Siletz (Stop ID 562)

6:49 a.m. Board 96 Portland via I-5

7:26 a.m. Get off at SW Jefferson between 4th & 5th

Go to SW 4th & Jefferson (Stop ID 12766)

7:35 a.m. Board 9 Powell to Portland

which continues as 9 Broadway to 27th & Saratoga via Union Station

7:45 a.m. Get off at NW Broadway & Irving

Walk 0.1 mile east to Union Station Amtrak Depot (800 NW 6th Ave)

Travel time: 79 minutes (including 23 minutes walking and 9 minutes waiting)

Dh says don't do that, and I"m inclined to agree. What a waste of time! Ok.... he's also worried I won't find a way to my hotel once I get in Tacoma, but of course, I could meet Beth and Bekah at the convention center, so that wouldn't be a problem. He's worried about me trundling around both Portland and Tacoma.... our Union Station is in the industrial section, I guess. Well, he finally decided he could do without my car, because he still won't get up early enough to drive me anywhere, so I should park at the Transit station and meet Beth and Bekah at 6:30 am. Which sounds great to me!

Now, I hope they'll take me seriously, now that I've cried wolf so many times about this! Geez!!!

Linda, thanks for your help always. Rides are not easy to find around here. I begin to with I lived either in Beaverton or Gresham, LOL!! :D

Archived