Top 10 Tech Support Questions/Solutions

APQS

• 1 year later...

TAKE the maintenance classes! At Innovations in Tacoma last month I signed up for the APQS maintenance class (reluctantly, because I don't want to waste my time with boring stuff, right.) Turns out Mark was the BEST teacher of all the classes I took, and I am now empowered to keep my machine in tip top shape.

You can learn all the feathers and freehanding you want to, but if you don't keep your machine running it won't do you any good now will it? The really great thing is, after taking the class and knowing more about how your machine works, if you then ever have to call back to APQS for help you'll be more knowledgeable about what the problem might be and you'll be able to help them help you better. Make sense?

Thanks Mark!

Wow! Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm so glad that you were able to attend the maintenance class. I agree as far as when you gain the confidence, things seem much easier. And even if you can't figure something out, at least we can be on the same page when you call in. :):)

Thanks again Eva!

• 1 year later...

Hi Dory,

I will not be teaching at Innovations this year. We have a new AQS show in Des Moines this year so I have a conflict. Amy Anderson has taken over our customer service dept. and has teaching experience so she will be doing the APQS Maintenance class this year instead of me. Sign up! Amy does an awesome job and you will learn a lot!!

Take Care,

• 1 month later...

Help! My new to me Millie (2004) is blowing fuses . . . any ideas about what\'s the problem? I (we) just put everything together and plugged her in, nothing happened. My SIL is my mechanic, he\'s a machinist and electrician, anyway, we found the fuse and it was already blown. The machine never turned on for me, that first try. To make a long story short, I drove 80 miles roundtrip to purchase replacement fuses @ Radio Shack. Replaced the fuse and turned her on, she ran for about 30-45 seconds, long enough for the florescent light to start and stay on and then shut down. Another blown fuse. Any ideas or suggestions? I could have Lloyd my SIL speak with you if you\'d rather talk to someone with a mechanical background, although I\'m usually pretty accomplished with my computer, printer, copiers, etc. If I don\'t hear from you before morning, I will call the 800 help and speak with the lovely lady I talked to about my machine and it\'s "used" status. Thanks so much for anything you can tell me which will get this lovely lady to stitching!

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know why my needle goes down when I am advancing the quilt. This drives me crazy, holes in quilt, breaking needles and who knows what else in the bobbin area...poor thing! I think it is a short or something like that. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Have a good day! :) this needle thing on advance just started.

• 7 months later...

Archived