Nashville

Yeah, new rules. It sucks doesn't it. They said they had over 900 sick days used from our school alone. We get 10 days per year. I guess everybody used all of their days or something. I know I used 8 myself, plus my personal day. I'm saving that day this year to set up at that big craft show.

Ya know Teresa, I once called in sick for 2 days from my cell phone while at a hotel in Des Moines. I was visiting a Dr. Cavanaugh ;) at the time for some special test. She's a very good doctor...she knew exactly what was ailing me!! :D (But I must say, I'm worst now...she didn't cure me...only made me worse).

I'll be there, providing my new grand daughter has made her appearance in the world by then! She is not due until the 23rd, but doctor says any day now.

My daughter in law went with me last year, and is a bit upset that she can't come this year, but I guess she will be slightly busy...

Oh well. Hard decision, Nashville or new baby....

• 2 weeks later...

Teresa......"Hi" :D

Lucky girl you.....wish I were going to Nashville to the show and visit with family too.

I have a customer quilt there, wish I could see it hanging, but Nashville is too hot and humid this time of year for this old gal.....:P:P

Here's a link to my webshots you can see it and maybe recognize it at the show.....Kathy's "30's Basket Quilt".....

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/548808330OKTkAF

Have fun at Nashville Teresa....

:cool:

Thank you so much again ladies.....

LindaR.....Masterpiece runs real well in my Millie.....although, I do have to loosen the top tension just like when I'm running Aurafil or a Rainbow thread. Keep trying the Masterpiece, I love it like all the other threads that I'm addicted to....LOL!!! :cool:

Bekah....I used my CL to make the double spine for the feather blocks only and freehanded the feathers entirely. I was sweating bullets I tell you because I knew I had to do this quilt before taking Kim Brunner's class. For about 4 months I drew on paper over and over until I figured it out, so PPP does work, even though I am a bit SLOW!!! ;)

Once again - thanks so much for the kudos.... you make me blush.....:)

Here I sit, sad and lonely. I didn't get to go to Nashville. Hubby had car trouble and had to have my car to go to work today; so I'm grounded at home, missing the Nashville show. And I REALLY needed to pick up that breast cancer fabric, some BLACK fabric, zippered leaders, and a couple new rulers (I have a bad habit of running mine over, breaking needles, chipping rulers). SO, I'll just work on quilts and maybe I'll clean the sewing room. That ought to take a weekend or so.

Archived