Is it Christmas yet?

ramona-quilter

I just got this panel quilt in 52" x 54". She plans to use it as a wall hanging. The fabric is so cute. She added several borders....:o Can you see them waving at you? :D

Anyway, I quilted around the frames inside the panel plus some accents around Santa and such.

The borders were too narrow to use singly so I doubled up and put holly leaves (Deb Geissler 3") in the beige and inner red borders

and ChristmasTrees2 in the candy cane and outer red (Ann Bright's pattern)

And the most wavy got double piano keys. That piano key treatment really takes care of those waves and looks so good. The owner of our LQS now knows my trick so when she sees the piano, she knows the border was wavy.

I put the close-up photos on my webshots.

ST-front-1.jpg

Sonja,

I have to sell my current machine first. Want to buy a wonderful Ultimate I. LOL. :P Actually this quilt was made by a local quilter to display at the LQS. A finished quilt really ehlps sell the fabric.;)

I am starting to see quilts for our local quilt show in October.

Christmas is not far behind that.

That is so cute!

I'm glad you posted this, as I got two Christmas panels in Paducah that I should dig out and make up. I'm piecing a fall wall hanging just now called the Sugarhouse Pumpkin Wall Quilt, by Lynette Jensen, which is all out of Thimbleberries fabrics. It will be nice when finished. I guess then I'll move into Christmas gifts.

Linda:

My first APQS was an Ultimate. I loved it but wanted the stitch regulator and laser. 2 1/2 yrs ago I traded the Ultimate head for a Millie Head. I kept the old 14ft table and added the auto fabric advance. This kept the price in my range. Have you thought about doing this? The only thing I found was I needed a different mount for the motor on the fabric advance since due to the old table. Mark figured out which mount I needed and sent it to me. Just food for thought.

Archived