frustrated

I've been lurking for a few weeks and have not seen anyone have this problem. I bought my new Millie 3 months ago and absolutely love it...but it recently developed a problem. It continues to run when I try the single stitch. None of the buttons will turn it off. I wrote an email and got a really good reply but could not follow all of the instructions because.......I could not get the #%*& screw off. My husband has an extensive tool kit and could not budge the screws. Someone at the factory must have played some kind of UNfunny prank and permanently tightened those screws!!

Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you address it? I know the solution to my single stitch glich is an easy fix IF I could just get into the machine!...HELP I'm new but I already have some customers counting on me to quilt for them.

Agnes

Hi Agnes and welcome to the forum.

I wonder if a closely aimed squirt of WD-40 would loosen that screw. I don't know what is under that screw, like maybe circuitry so this may not be a good idea.

Hey MARK, DAWN, AMY, are you listening. What about some WD-40 to loosen the stubborn screw on Agnes' machine?

Hang in there Agnes, I just know that you will get an answer soon. And then, it's back to work for you, girl. ;)

I can't help with the stitch problem but I can sympathize with the tight screw problem. I stripped a screw trying to get it out. I found that using a short screw driver with tight, smooth movement and lots of tension I was able to unscrew the screws. I don't know why they have to be in so tight especially when, like you said, they have to be removed so we can make adjustments!!!!

Very frustrating! I'm sure you will get an "official" answer soon. Good luck! :-)

Thanks for all the quick answers, I realized too late that I had posted in the wrong one. I'm new at this too...heheh. I tried a bit of liquid wrench...still no budging. I will try the other forum. thanks so much. I'll be back here for more business related questions, I'm sure. I'm jsut trying to get started with my quilting business.

Agnes

• 4 months later...

Archived