Bananas...are done! pics!

Laurie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still working on the Kenana borders on the monkey quilt.......for whatever reason, my tension decided to go a bit wonky.....the small loops pull in tight....I have stitched many bananas only to have to pick them out.

Very frustrating...... I am using So Fine in the bobbin and a 40 wt. YLI pastel variegated in the top. The inner green border quilted up nicely - you can see it in the picture. The loop meander I started in the center had to be ripped out because the top tension started getting tight.... but only in spots.

I have rethreaded, adjusted, cleaned and done all that I can think of. Any suggestions before I tackle it today?

This is probably too late but last night I was looking through an old quilting magazine (Quilt It For Kids ~ June 5, 2007) and they had a sock monkey quilt and show how to quilt a banana motif. It is a peeled banana and it looks as though a bite is taken of the banana.

I decided to scan it in and show you. Here it is:

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks, Julie! That is too cute........it would have been perfect for the quilt. I finished the quilt on Friday.....still need to post the pics. It came out ok.......I made some pretty wonky bananas!

All in all, I'm happy with it and hope my customer will be too.

Originally posted by Laurie

Thanks, Julie! That is too cute........it would have been perfect for the quilt. I finished the quilt on Friday.....still need to post the pics. It came out ok.......I made some pretty wonky bananas!

All in all, I'm happy with it and hope my customer will be too.

I figured I would be too late. I bet the quilt turned out really cute, I can't wait to see the pictures.

Originally posted by kennan100

See, I told you someone else would have already done it! That's so close to mine I'd be afraid to try to copyright it! The two would really be cute together, tho. Can't wait to see the pictures!

I don't think they are all that close really, you should do it!

Archived