Handles on Lenni

Hi! This is my first post here so I hope I do this right :) I have been watching the little video on the Lenni page on the website and have a question about the handles. In the picture on the same page it shows then handles as a straight bar with 2 handles sticking straight up, in the video it shows the same handles, as well as what look like little "knobby" handles right down near the needle. Then also in the video with the lady in purple it shows curved handles that seem to come forward instead of up and down. Which configuration is the correct one please?

Thanks!

Susan in Australia

After watching the video I can answer this one.

The handles that are attatch to bar and are straight up are the handles for the Lenni (front of the machine). The little round handles down by the needle are the micro drive handles that can be purchased seperatly and used for micro stippling, outlining around applique etc..

And the last set of handles that you saw that were curved are the Millie handles and come with the Millie and Freedom machines and whoever did the editing for the video clip must of mistakenly put a Millie clip in there by mistake...because it has nothing to do with Lenni except that they are both APQS machines.

Hope this answers you questions.

• 2 months later...

I don\'t think you need a base extender with the micro drive handles. They are a help for doing tiny stitching as they give you more control closer to the top.

The extender is used with rulers to stabilize them, but I use a Dainty Ditcher without the base all the time. I suppose if you were stitching around applique with a ruler guide, you may want an extender, but usually I use such a small guide for that job, an extender isn\'t necessary. Just my opinion. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Farmwife, have you been following the other Lenni Threads?

The handles are not available for Lenni and I was told by a person at the factory that they won\'t be making them available.

Hubby\'s making me a set.. adjustable..It makes it so much easier to quilt without the wrist, hand, elbow and shoulder/spine issues..

Maybe in few months we can consider a saddle stool to use.. but with all other related expenses we sure can\'t do it now, also have some medical treatments to pay next week.

Santa needs to leave me money.. big money! lolol..

Oh well, it will get paid somehow..

Merry Christmas.. RitaR

• 2 months later...

Farmwife, I so badly want - and need - to apologize.. I just read this last post I made and it sounds so rude and ugly. I \'truely didn\'t mean it that way.. I was just asking and suggesting at the same time, that other Lenni threads carry a lot of other info, too, but typical of me, I didn\'t complete the sentence or thought..

Please forgive me for sounding so rude and probably hurting your feelings, too. I wouldn\'t knowingly do that to anyone asking for information.

I am Very Sorry.

RitaR

Rita - NOOOO problem here.

I never interpreted it as being rude or anything close to that. Please no apology needed. I was following every thread on the site and still do.:D

I did end up getting a Liberty rather than Lenni. I haven\'t named it yet but hopefully something will come to me.;) I\'d love to see a pic of the handles that your DH helped you with. Maybe mine could borrow the idea.;)

I\'ve enjoyed your comments on all the threads and we\'re neighbors really. I\'m in SW VA - just outside of Blacksburg. So please don\'t feel bad because I didn\'t take it wrong at all. Honest. Thanks for all the advice. I do appreciate it!

Are you serious?!!!

Yes, I\'m off I-81. My DH and I have a dairy farm on the Little River. We\'re a little bit over 8 miles from the interstate - says my DH. ;)

You\'d be more than welcome - anytime. I just need to know when - I work from 7am till ?? In fact I just got home - 645pm.

We have lots of room right now. We\'re expecting you know and so hopefully sometime this year we\'ll have 2-3 more children. Even after they arrive, they\'ll find it an adventure to sleep in different places!!:D:D

Oh - where are you headed in MD??

You\'re welcome to come!!! Hey you can teach this newbie lots of good stuff!!!!:D

Great - we\'ll be looking for you!!

But I do have to let you know that my husband is sending me away -

honest!;)

He is sending me to the Ukraine - I\'m leaving on the 20th and won\'t return until July 6th or 7th. I\'m going to help with a summer bible camp (for 1 weeks) and then humanitarian aid the 2nd week in several orphanages there.

I\'m excited!!!:D:D It\'s 12 weeks and counting........................

Darlene, Thank You!!!

I did post a couple picts of our (ahem! :P ) pricy second handles on Web shots, under Hubbys Hobby.. Two curved pieces of pvc conduit and a staight piece between them, and twist ties to hold them in place yet let me turn them up or down.. I have also slipped them apart and out of the ties, when working behind the needle asked for more view from me. Thats the only time I\'ve found them to be a problem in any way. Easy to slip back on, or put new ties on. We didn\'t glue anything together..

RitaR

RitaR

Hey Darlene! We are somewhat in your neck of the woods all the time! Have a cottage over in Woolwine and spend lots of time in Floyd...particularly Schoolhouse Fabrics. We\'d love to live in the area full time some day...it\'s beautiful.

I\'ve been out of touch for a while... think I\'ve missed something...you\'re adding 2-3 more children?

Would love to meet you some time. Your trip to the Ukraine sounds great! What a wonderful way to spend some time.

Anita

Hope it works for you Darlene.. you might try to find a way to try a U shaped pipe. actually it\'s in the elect. conduit dept.

I had him get the 90 degree, and sort of wish I\'d had him check further for the U shape.. I can do pretty well with these, but have also been practicing for 3 1/2 months with one added handle or another...

I still use the microdrive handles for tiny precise stitching.

I also use my computer glasses to see better at a farther distance than reading.. really helps.

Hope it works.. RitaR

Archived