labels

Cindy

Figure out how much the materials cost you including a charge for the ink. The ink cartridges are very expensive. I've heard of people taking that cost and doubling it for their charge, or keep track of the time spent formatting, designing etc., and charge what you'd like to make hourly plus the expense of the materials.

Sue

I charge $3.00-$9.00 depending how detailed they want it, how much information is put on the label. I had one label with 4 generations that had a hand in putting together the top, plus the guys name that was giving it back to his mom for her birthday. Plus he wanted my named added. It was a fairly large label and I charged $5.00. He was thrilled with the whole project.

If it is a quilt that I have quilted I ask what they want on the label, and I would say "I would be happy to include your label for free, may I add "Machine quilted by "The Quilting Diva, Atlanta GA"

So it reads for example "Kitties in Kimonos, pieced by Georgia Girl for Alabama Baby and machine quilted by The Quilting Diva, Atlanta GA"

Cynthia

• 1 year later...

"FREE" always gets attention. Since the beginning of my business I have always sent each quilt home with a FREE label. This is a commercially pre-printed label the customer can add their own information to and then attach (hopefully) to the quilt themselves. This is an obvious promotional come-on of sorts but also a way to encourage every quilter to label their quilt as soon as it is finished. You can find these pre-printed fabric label panels at every quiltshop and online. I buy them every Shop Hop, cut them apart and keep a huge pile of them in my studio. Sometimes the customer picks the label out themselves but usually they leave this up to me, and usually I delegate this happy task to my five-year-old. He loves the job.

Have fun, Eva H. Cucumber Quilting

That's very funny. I need more laughs. Please, let me introduce myself. My name is Eva Hathaway. The name of my business is Cucumber Quilting. I'm registered as pickle only because I wasn't able to get in with either my name or business name. Hopefully, that will be corrected soon.

I've been quilting professionally since April 2005 and own a Millennium. REALLY happy with this machine and things have gone very well since the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Hi Linda! Yes, it was fun at Barb's and I'm so excited about our 2007 project. Please, make time to do it with us. please, please, please.

Love this chat stuff but it keeps me from getting my work done. (Like I ever get it all done!) Karen H. suggested I find the longarm chat but I really like the APQS format easier to use and I'm having lots of fun here.

So, back to work. Chat again later. Eva

• 1 year later...

Archived