trouble... help!

jacquedavis

Good morning,

I am a new George owner... I love him he has been very very good to me!

This morning I turned him on he jammed up. It appears thread has jammed the hook. The red light is flashing and George sounds terrible. I quickly shut him off.

Has anyone had this happen? Tech support is closed for the weekend and I am on a deadline! The manual does not address this problem as far as I can see.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can make any recommendations.

Jacque

Ok I am going to try to help you Jacque and see if this will help you.

1. Remove the Needle Plate

2. Remove the Bobbin and Bobbin Case according to the Manual

3. That may help you to see what or where the thread is caught and you can take a tweezer to pull it out.....and you have to make sure it ALL is out of there.

When you put it back together you will have to reset the timing according

to the manual. If you have any problems you can call me.....I will U2U my phone number.

Good Luck and I sure hope this helps!

Renae

Thank you for helping Renae!

I am able to see the thread but it is in there good and I can't get it out. It is not a long piece so it is hard to get a good grip... my tweezers are a P.O.S. see what frustration has done to me....I am swearing in code. : )

I have no movement on the wheel. My friend suggest putting some oil in there to slick things up but this does not help.

I am sorry but I don't know what U2U is.

Jacque

Hi Jacque,

Right below your name above is "profile" "www" "find" and "u2u". The area for "u2u" is located also at the top of the page, right after "log out". Hope that helps....all you have to do is click the "u2u" and it will magically appear...good luck!!!!!

Well I took off the hook off and finally removed the thread it was a piece about 2 inches long...hard to believe that could cause all that trouble. Today I am going to do the timing. hopefully that will go well. It makes me a bit nervous to think of doing this the first time.

Thank you Renae and Rick for all your help yesterday! Also to you Sue for the U2U help. I do appreciate it... hopefully I'll be back to sewing in a bit.

Jacque

Archived