Stitch Regulator troubles in Paradise

Just loaded my first quilt on Freedom SR and am having problems with the SR - it stitches perfectly from side to side, but up and down the machine does not want to move and when it does, I get very large stitches. In manual mode, it seems to be working fine.

During my practice piece, the SR worked great.

There are 3 indicator lights on - #3, 5 & 6, but am not sure what that all means and how I can fix it.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hawaii Barbara

You ladies are awesome!

Will try shutting on and off - am not sure if my machine came with channel locks. There does not seem to be a related button for that, but who knows - I am SO technically challenged, that I could be missing that ;) !!

Can someone tell me more about those indicator lights - are they are warning sign for trouble ahead???? Are any supposed to be on at all, while I am quilting?

Hawaii Barbara

And Shana - your posts are SO encouraging - knowing that you are just about as technically isolated as I am - YOU GIVE ME HOPE!:D

Sherry - where are you located?? Would love to connect in some fashion or another - to learn to effectively use this newcomer to my life!

Let me come over there to help you!!

Those lights do not indicate trouble--they do indicate what you have engaged with your buttons on the handles. You will soon know them all by heart---the buttons, not the lights. I seldom look at them but they do coincide with the SR, channel locks, cutter, etc. Your manual will tell you what's up.

Aloha Barbara

If the sr is working along the length of the table but the front to back movement is causing problems you need to check the encoder box on the machine head to see if its small rubber wheel is consistently moving when the larger black wheel moves as the machine moves.

The encoder box is a black box with a chrome plate on one side and the rubber wheel hangs below. The chrome plate has a slot cut in it rather than a round hole so that you can loose the gold bolt that goes through the wheel, chrome plate and axle and push the encoder box closer to the big wheel so that the rubber wheel contacts better inside the large black wheel. Tighten the gold bolt when you've made the adjustment.

Hope that makes sense - this should solve your problem

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

You are a DOLL, Sue... Did try turning it on and off (ahhhh, that would have been such a simple fix) to no avail. Will try to check the encodor box next. In the meantime, will finish up the loaded quilt manually.

Am trying out feathers in blocks HOWEVER - I am finding that feathers on paper (which I am confident with) are a far cry when I try them on machine - arrrgghhhh! I guess that means PPP and I hope that SR is a simple fix - would make feathering on the quilt much easier.

Anyone of you who is thinking of vacationing in paradise and wants to tweak my machine - I will gladly throw in a tour of local quilt/fabric shops and an exotic lunch!!!

Hawaii Barbara:D

Barbara,

NO need to finish in manual. I bet the plug to your SR is not plugged in on the encoder box that senses the machine front to back. If it won't stitch when you try to move the machine forward and then gives you a long stitch. I bet that is what it is.

Did I win the trip to Hawaii????? :cool:

Patty

Archived