What are you working on?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KathieE

What brand of water-soluable thread do you ladies use on the long-arm. I tried using the small cone and brand that I used on my home machine but the thread kept breaking. Thanks. Kathie @ Kalico Kat Quilting

Kathie,

I used Vanish Extra by Superior Threads. I have to loosen top tension a little on my Gam Classic Plus, dont know what you would have to do on yours. I really didnt care alot about tension since it washes out.

Gayle

Hi Barbara!

That quilt was worth seeing 3 times, it is wonderful! Applique is my weakness and my heart skips a beat when any of it comes through my doors! You chose wonderful designs to compliment the quilt!

Ah yes...... Florida! The land that all lost my classroom supplies and treated me to the cold snap of the century! LOL

Guest Linda S

Ooooo Barbara. Very, very pretty. Put some more close-ups on the page if you get a chance. Looks like you did a great job.

Linda

Everyones quilts are fantastic! Great job!

I've been busy teaching basket weaving classes, visiting my daughter in Florida & getting ready for Christmas in April. Our son just got back from his second tour of duty in Iraq. We will finally get to see him on the 21st. The tree & all decorations are still up & waiting for him. I'm sure everyone that goes past the house wonders why those crazy people still have all their Christmas "yard art" still up :D ! But who cares! Last year we had Christmas in March. If they keep sending him to Iraq each year I will eventually just have the tree up the whole year.

Hopefully I will get back to the quilting soon. But right now other things are more important.

Keep quilting ladies, you are doing a great job!

Thank you all so much for your compliments on this applique quilt! My heart did skip several beats, Sherry when the quilt came in as she told me she wanted to enter it in a show in S. Carolina. I will attach a few more pictures to show her beautiful work. Wish I could have echoed or McTavished in the borders, but I'm not good at that yet. My new wheels made the feathers possible though. I wondered if NE Florida would ring a bell, Sherry.....you have to admit that freezing weather cooled off those power surges for you! And the missing class materials made you even more creative!:D

post--13461897614575_thumb.jpg

Gulp, I didn't resize the feather picture...sorry guys. I'll do better with this one of the side border. This lady loves applique so much, that those triangles you see in the narrow border are .....yup....appliqued! Now I'm off to see my son in Colorado. He's going to teach his Mother to ski!

post--13461897612751_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous quilts ladies! I am so pleased to have "landed" in a group of such generous spirited gal with such a willingness to share both their work and compliments. You are all an inspiration to the rest of us with new machines. Makes us feel that we too, can aspire to "quilt princess" status.

thanks and blessings,

georgia :)

Guest Linda S

This is a baby quilt I just gave away this morning. I had originally intended to custom quilt it, then I figured they would just use it and the baby would spit up on it, so I used the curling feather panto on it. Now I wish I had custom quilted it, as they will use it for a wall hanging. Also, it was not a good thread choice, as the dark green doesn't look good on the ducks. But I do like the back. Also, forgive the fact that I'm a poor photographer. I'm learning

DSCN0085.JPG

DSCN0091.JPG

I used some Carol Doak paper pieced blocks and designed the quilt myself.

Linda

Newbie here! anyone else going to APQS on JUne 9 th? Have

quilted 3 crib quilts....various meandering stitches... "nuttin' fancy"

takes me longer to get quilt on than it does to quilt the darn things....Tell me it gets better? Enjoyed seeing the beautiful quilts which are posted...My mILLENIUM CAME ON 23 mARCH.....GOING TO TRY a pantograph on a bigger quilt tomorrow.....Beverly in NC

Since Sherry started this thread, I thought I would add the quilt I made after taking her Heirloom class. I had a blast when she was over. If anyone gets a chance to take a class from her...DO It. She is sooo talented. I 'm a little embarrassed to show this after seeing your wonderful quilts but here goes. This is only 25" x 25". It was traputoed and I tried to do small McTavishing in the center. I have so many ideas to make more but where does the time go???

000_0137.jpg379c5900.jpg

Guest Linda S

Sharon!!! That is a gorgeous quilt! Don't you even think it's not very good. It's beautiful. We are always our own worst critics.

Lynn - to put two pictures in, you just post your link into the first space, then hit a return and hit the little picture button again, then paste your second link into that space. You can keep going if you want!

Linda

The red and white quilt that Cynthia posted might be just what I was looking for! I am going to take a class with Lorraine Torrence this summer and we are going to make a wall-hanging. I was wondering how to turn it into a quilt. This might work - of course I'm not sure, but it's a thought. I could add "borders" to the wall-hanging to be the size of the center large block and go from there.

Cynthia, is there a pattern for this quilt? IE, I don't want to figure out the sizes myself!

Teri

Archived