1 C packed brown sugar

1 C butter, softened

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 pkg "Heath" Toffee Bits

1 C coarsly ground almonds

4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 T canola oil

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a med bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture until just blended. then add the toffee bits. Divided dough into 24 balls (or use a 2 oz large cookie scoop) roll each of the 24 balls into the ground almonds and place 6 per cookie sheet (these make the large bakery shop size cookies). Only place 2 cookie sheets in the oven at a time and bake for 11 minutes then rotate the cookie sheets and bake for another 11 minutes (rotating the cookie sheets is so the cookies bake evenly, since they are larger cookies). Once the cookies are cooled. Melt the chocolate chips with the oil in a microwaveable container and stir until smooth and drizzle consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let the chocolate set before stacking them on a plate or before freezing them for the holidays.

I make these every year as part of my Christmas cookie trays and they are the first to get eaten up and the most requested cookie recipe that I have to date.

Joan....

My youngest daugher absolutely loves Almond Roca, so when the holidays roll around we always give her this as one of her gifts.....:D

She will just love this recipe, thanks for sharing it with us. But maybe I'll have to give it the "quality test" first..... LOL!!!;););)

Gail,

Zucchini Nut Bread

1 C. oil

3 slightly beaten eggs

1 C. sugar

1 C. brown sugar

2 C. grated zucchini (I whiz it in the food processor)

2 tsp. vanilla

Blend well.

3 C. flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

3 tsp. cinnamon

1 C. chopped pecans (I whiz those in the food processor, too)(You can call me the whiz kid)

Mix with other ingredients but DO NOT BEAT.

Spoon batter in 2 well greased loaf pans. Bake 325 for about an hour. I test after 40 min. and again at 50 min. I can never remember if this is a true amount of time, so keep checking.

This is the best zucchini bread I've had.

Archived