NY Beauty "Show-n-Tell" pics

LindaB

This quilt is my very very own quilt. It is a Fons & Porter BOM that I pieced last year. All batiks, I just love NY Beauties.....

Check out my Webshots link and take a peek. It's not done, it's in "progress"....

The borders, there are 7 of them or 8, can't remember....:o I finally decided to just SID them all.

Enjoy!!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2837823600014590774LcORmP

Linda it is looking great! I have a top myself and yours makes me want to go dig it out :)

I have a question off topic for you. On the same album you have a swirl design. What template did you use for that and how did you nest those so that it looks ike one continuous line. I have a customer that has been discussing a swirl patten on her quilt......................in fact I posted a photo of the top yesterday and the title of my post is something "how would you quilt this".

I'm glad you all liked 'beauty'.....Thanks.....!!!

I'll post more pics when it's finished. :D

Sewingupastorm - the swirl design your asking about is the "Swirls" King from Circle Lord.....I love this template and look forward to using it more on some other quilts.... It's fun working on our quilts....I'll encourage you to go dig out yours and share with us too...;)

Patty Jo: This was a Fons & Porter BOM, the color choices were there's. I did not like one of the fabrics. I had the top all put together and kept looking at it, and finally decided to take out 4 blocks, replace the offending fabric, much better......;)

It's been so much fun working on this quilt. Glad you all liked our "show-n-tell.....:cool:

Oh my gosh....SUAStorm......

Your quilt is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

You should get some borders on it and get it quilted too.....Hmmmmm borders????? My first thought is you could do piano key with your leftover fabrics if you have enough.....Maybe someone will chime in here and have some cool suggestions.....Oh, man alive I love your quilt.....

I've got Karen Stone's book I've been eyeballing, but have to too many other quilts to make...:mad:

So girls get busy and let's see some more Show-n-tell.....

Get busy on yours too Mary Beth......:D

Linda I really want to quilt my NYB as it has been a top about 2 years now...................way to long. Actually I have quite a few tops ready to go but since I quilt for others I do not get to many of my own.

I do need to get on a border and get going on it. Glad this discussion came up as I just love the one you are working on. I hope you finish soon so we can see photos of the finished quilt! You should enter it somewhere.

Archived