Misbehaving up/down button

Lauras

• 2 months later...

Okay, when I got my machine a couple of weeks ago the up/down was SO slow it would get stuck in the fabric and make the motor get stuck. I adjusted the #8 screw and all was well until tonight.

This may be the second longest it\'s been quilted on, but it\'s not been constant as I have small children I\'m running after constantly.:D Anyway, a couple of hours ago it started taking an extra stitch (almost ripped the quilt as I was moving it when it decided to take the extra one) I wanted to get to a better stopping point then go slow down the settings on the #8 screw. Then it didn\'t do it for a while. Now in the last 15 min (I\'m crosshatching by the way so stopping to break my thread alot) it took one too many, then the next time I did it was back to being so slow that it got stuck in the fabric. Which is it? Slow it down or speed it up?

The temperature in my room is the same as always. I did have a power incident an hour ago, the plugs in my family/sewing/computer room popped their breaker in the main plug in the line. Nothing more than usual is running, not even as much as what often is, be to be honest.

Any guidance would be very appreciated. I didn\'t find anything addressing this double deal in the archives.

Tracye.

It is sounding as if you are having the problem because of the power. I know we talked bout this before. It may not help you at the moment but on Monday you might want to call Amy about this. She may recommend that you get a battery backup to plug your machine into. It is my understand that this will keep your power consistent. Someone correct me if I am wrong. In the meantime just be aware of it and give it a couple of seconds to be sure before you move your machine so you don\'t tear your quilt.

Myrna

Thank you Myrna, that\'s what I was doing, waiting, before it changed it\'s problem and now won\'t even move when I push the command yellow combination. The motor just whines until I move the hand wheel.

Sounds like this is might put me on hold until Monday. :(

I was also having a problem that we thought was in the front handles, but now I don\'t think so. When I would turn the machine on it would take 1/2 a stitch. I\'d turn it off, then back on and it would do it again. Then one time it popped when I turned it on, and it\'s not done any of it since. Amy sent me a new handle and tonight I put it on to make sure that the original one wasn\'t causing my new problem tonight. Now, with the new handle, I\'m having the power on/take-a-stitch phenomonem (sp?) again.

Too much weirdness I tell you.

Well, this morning it\'s back to taking too many stitches, but at least I can finish my customer quilt on the machine that way. Not possible when it just freezes up and makes a grinding noise right?

The new handles are still taking a 1/2 stitch everytime the power is turned on.

I\'ll give Amy a call in the AM. Hopefully she can help me out.

Archived