FOR SALE ULTIMATE II with 12 foot table

For Sale 2004 Ultimate II

Machine is excellent Condition Have used this machine 25 times or less. Machine has the Quick Zip System on it. It also comes with a pattern grid, extra bobbins and another bobbin case, bobbin winder. Also I have threads (Superior- Bottom Line) and some pantographs also. I'm also including with the sale of the machine I full roll of 30 yds 108 wide Hobbs polydown plus batting and 3/4 of a roll of 108 wide polydown plus batting and 1/2 a batt of 98 wide of organic all cotton hobbs batting. All for the price of 5000.00 and you pay the shipping. Reason I have to sell is that I'm moving to a smaller house. Great machine for someone that is just starting to quilt. I've had alot of fun with this machine and I know that it will bring someone else alot of satisfaction like it did me. You can contact me at smithsntoby@netzero.net or call 231-775-0825 NEW PRICE AS OF 9/10/07 ALL FOR SALE FOR 4500.00 GREAT PRICE WITH ALL THE EXTRA'S TO START YOUR BUSINESS!!! YOU PAY THE SHIPPING SOLD!!!!

Originally posted by csmith

For Sale 2004 Ultimate II

Machine is excellent Condition Have used this machine 25 times or less. Machine has the Quick Zip System on it. It also comes with a pattern grid, extra bobbins and another bobbin case, bobbin winder. Also I have threads (Superior- Bottom Line) and some pantographs also. I'm also including with the sale of the machine I full roll of 30 yds 108 wide Hobbs polydown plus batting and 3/4 of a roll of 108 wide polydown plus batting and 1/2 a batt of 98 wide of organic all cotton hobbs batting. All for the price of 5000.00 and you pay the shipping. Reason I have to sell is that I'm moving to a smaller house. Great machine for someone that is just starting to quilt. I've had alot of fun with this machine and I know that it will bring someone else alot of satisfaction like it did me. You can contact me at smithsntoby@netzero.net or call 231-7725 I live in cadillac Michigan

Hi iQuiltit,

Congratulations! Does the statement "I have an Ultimate II again"---mean that at one time you had one, then sold it?

Just curious.

I purchased an Ultimate II this past January---and I love it!

I recently did some upgrades to it this past month. New Edgerider wheels, SheriB's new round 1/2" foot (awesome) and also the Intellistitch stitch regulator. These additions make it "rock"! It's like a whole new machine ---and it was great basically anyway! But, now---well-- it's terrific!:)

Unfortunately I have not had time to really play with it much the past few weeks. Death in the family and remodels going on in the house---and now I'm headed to Innovations in WA. to take classes. But, I'm so ready to spend hours learning and having fun!

---and You will too! You can see my "Rosie" at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/angiestuff

Happy Quilting!

Hey Sparkle! Did you see my question about the Pfaff on the general forum? SOmebody told me I should just buy an U2, so I went looking for it and it isn't available anymore, and the Discovery which replaced it is as much as a Lenni, and appear not to have the SR. I will be at Innovations, so hopefully will be able to try one out and get it figured out. I'm assuming you must have taken advantage of their ending sale or something, since otherwise you can only get one used. Or did you do that? So I'd like to know what's sooo great about an U2 that everyone keeps saying beginners should get one first, before any of the other machines....? When Lenni first hit the scene, that's what they told me about him too. So what's a new quilter to think?

I'll go visit your website. :) See you next week!

Hi Patty,

I don't think I was the one sending you a U2 message--hmmmm.

However, I can comment on your discussion about the Pfaff Grand Quilter machine. I don't have one, however I did own and operate a Brother PQ1500 for years on a Hinterberg frame, and I know about the Pfaff and some other brands of 9" arm machines.

That said: of all the 9" arm machines I find the Juki TL series has all the features needed from a 9" arm machine at a good price. True needle up/down, the round Juki free motion foot (awesome foot).

Thank you for the compliments on my Picture Trails site---just about all the quilts you see on there---especially the community quilts, queen Trail Mix and so many others were all completed on my Hinterberg with my Brother PQ1500.

To use a 9" arm machine you have to learn to scale down your designs to fit the space you are working on. You need to know what designs will work well for your quilt blocks. Frequently rolling the fabric bars back, and then forwards to accomplish your quilting motif. As with everything---even with the true longer arm machines--it all takes a great deal of practice.

I purchased my Ultimate II in January this year from a "for sale" listing here on the APQS forum. Luck would have it that is was a 30 min. drive from us, and the story is sad in that the family was selling the machine to settle their mothers estate. She owned "Rosie" from day one--- It is a long story---but, it turns out that at one time the original owner and I knew each other briefly through a quilt guild that she and I belonged to for several years. Several other strange coincidences came into play during the transaction of buying "Rosie"......it was almost eerie in a way, like it was meant to be.

I treasure the machine as the person Rose O., who owned it from the day it was new was an outstanding quilter who made literally hundreds and hundreds of quilts for children who had cancer---and she quilted most of them on "Rosie". She was well known in this area of Calif.

http://stage-tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=44&sid=66603

I have upgraded "Rosie" recently, and she really is wonderful! I have yet to exceed anywhere near what a new Lenni would cost, so I am very lucky to have found her for a very reasonable resale price, and had the funds to add the upgrades and have ended up with a like new or better machine at minimal costs.

Good luck with your searching for the ideal machine---and I hope to meet you---and many other members from this wonderful group of quilters who post such inspiring pictures and information here--- at Innovations! :)I have learned so much from this group. Thank you I can hardly wait to be at Innovations!

Originally posted by Sparkle

Hi iQuiltit,

Congratulations! Does the statement "I have an Ultimate II again"---mean that at one time you had one, then sold it?

Just curious.

I purchased an Ultimate II this past January---and I love it!

I recently did some upgrades to it this past month. New Edgerider wheels, SheriB's new round 1/2" foot (awesome) and also the Intellistitch stitch regulator. These additions make it "rock"! It's like a whole new machine ---and it was great basically anyway! But, now---well-- it's terrific!:)

Unfortunately I have not had time to really play with it much the past few weeks. Death in the family and remodels going on in the house---and now I'm headed to Innovations in WA. to take classes. But, I'm so ready to spend hours learning and having fun!

---and You will too! You can see my "Rosie" at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/angiestuff

Happy Quilting!

I looked at your site and I saw the fabric side extenders you made to keep the clamps from hitting the machine. What smart idea. You should market that idea. ;)

Hi Julie,

Thank you for visiting my photo album site---However, I can't take credit for the fabric extenders ---at all! ;)

I learned how to make them from someone---(whose's name escapes me at this moment)---Right here on this Forum! I thought it was a clever idea, and it works wonderfully well on the many community quilts I work on for our local guild. As you know there frequently is no choice in how wide the backing fabric will be when the project co-ordinator hands you a bag full of quilts to complete. ;)

Then the extenders work great! Thank you whoever thought of this concept! :)

Originally posted by Sparkle

Hi Julie,

Thank you for visiting my photo album site---However, I can't take credit for the fabric extenders ---at all! ;)

I learned how to make them from someone---(whose's name escapes me at this moment)---Right here on this Forum! I thought it was a clever idea, and it works wonderfully well on the many community quilts I work on for our local guild. As you know there frequently is no choice in how wide the backing fabric will be when the project co-ordinator hands you a bag full of quilts to complete. ;)

Then the extenders work great! Thank you whoever thought of this concept! :)

What did you use inside of the fabric where you clamped onto it with the clamps?

On by the way, your yard looks so lush and green. Really beautiful. Nice looking family too. :P

Yes girls I had an Ultimate II in 1994 I sold it 7 yrs later because I bought a grocery store LOL what a joke that was. I still own the bldg however. I had bought a gammill classic 2yrs ago I love it but it is heavier than I expected and I have shoulder problems. So now that I went and bought this ultimate it seems small compared to the gammill. It was like seeing an old friend again. I may sell one of them later but then probably not LOL:P:cool::D

Archived