First project - Carpenters Star

You are all so kind...good thing you can't see it up close so you can't see my bobbles! It was a gift for a bridal shower and the bride to be loved it so that is what counts!

Theresa - I got the fabric at Adirondack Quilts in Glenns Falls, NY. I don't think they have their fabrics online. I can see if I can find the maker next time I go to the shop.

Rita & Michele - so glad to hear you both on this site too! Thanks. Rita yes you are right it is very different than my usualy but I really did like the way it came out, especially since the trees are starting to change color already!

Heidi

Jane,

Thanks for the compliments. It really was fun and I learn something on each one. Hopefully my feathers will get better, I'm still not happy with them but I keep ppping. The carpenters star is such an easy quilt to piece. I did this top in 3 hours so not bad and that included cutting and pressing the fabric! Now if I can just learn to not quilt so much...I get too small and fill every square inch.

Heidi

Heidi, your quilt is lovely and they're perfect fall colours!

I can see the feather border, but (and I'm sure it's my monitor) I can't clearly see what you did in/around the star. Did you stipple/meander?

I have the same quilt (same size, too) in green and gold Thimbleberries fabrics and like what you've done. Since there are vines/leaves in my fabric, I was going to do something similar in the borders, but am still debating the centre.

TIA

Carolyn

Archived