First project - Carpenters Star

Teresa,

This is such a wonderful quilt and so versatile. I am teaching this pattern at my lqs on the 30th but drafted a much bigger quilt, I think 65 x 65. It goes together so quickly and is so striking. I love that you can so easily adapt it to whatever size you need. I'm going to quilt feathers in my bigger one and I think probably cross hatching in the background since it is a busy floral. I love the way yours is coming out.

You are so right that the back is just as pretty as the front! I'm really glad I used a solid so that I could appreciate the stitching.

Heidi

Thats very nice Heidi. You did a beautiful job.

I remember seeing awhile back someone posted a link to get a free pattern for the Carpenter star. I believe it was about 40" square. I know I downloaded it but can't find it now anywhere. Can someone please direct me to the site. I also did a search on here, but can't find it here either.

Thanks,

Patty

Patty,

Thank you for the nice comments.

You are right somebody did post it and I don't recall what the subject was but it wasn't carpenters star. I drafted it in EQ5. I'd be happy to email you the file if you have EQ. It does not come with directions though. Actually I think I printed the directions so I'll have the URL on that sheet. I'll see if I can find it in my pile when I get home.

Heidi

Thanks for re-posting it for me. I'm just at the practice stage, but I think (I think!) I can do something similar to what you've done in the triangles. I was at a retreat with DeLoa Jones last week and I think she inspired me enough to give the swirls a try.

The feathers in the border, though, are another matter altogether - I'll be marking these!

Carolyn

Carolyn,

You're welcome, just remember, practice, practice, practice. I printed the quilt in EQ and put it under a piece of plastic and used a dry erase pen to ppp over and over and over until I could do it in my sleep! Same with the feathers...mine still are not perfect but I'm working on it.

If you want you can copy the picture of my detail, pull in the paint and then print so you could go over my lines until you get it. It really was fun. I'm going to the Ohio retreat and taking a class with Deloa...she is a very patient teacher and eager for you to learn. I'm sure I'll learn a ton. I can hardly wait.

Heidi

Archived