Plastic bags for protecting quilts

This may be a repeat chat for some...but I searched on the chat and couldn't find anything.

I'm looking for an inexpensive source for plastic bags, like dry cleaner bags, that can be used for transporting quilts to and from a quilt show. I've volunteered to receive quilts at my home for pickup by someone else that will then transport the quilts to a show a couple of hours away. I'll then be transporting them back to town on the last day of the show. Though they'll be in a clean safe area in my home for a very short period of time, I do have dogs (they won't have access to the room with the quilts). I want the quilt owners to feel confident their quilts will be protected in my home as well as the transport vehicles. I have no clue how many there will be...25 maybe.

Thanks!

Anita

Anita,

If you are only going to use these bags as a one time thing and not use them on a regular for your customers I would go to the local dry cleaners and ask them how much they will sell you what you need, otherwise I have found this website...that you can check out. www.poly-pak.com Go under the Apparel button and they have a list of what they offer.

I haven't used them so not sure if they sell retail or wholesale only.

Cleanersupply.com are the bags I use. Last week they had them on sale...look under packaging. I think they are called comforter bags. I use mostly the small and mediums. Now there are two medium sizes. The large are HUGE.

The sides of the bags are breathable.

I am going to have to look at poly-pak and compare. Bonnie...thanks for posting the info on that site.

Cheryl

I also use the www.cleanersupply.com for my bags. They come in 5 sizes. I find that I use the 15 x 9 for laps and twins and the 23" for queen/king. The really big ones are just too big for me. Here's the link to Cleaner Supply

I also get my my lint rollers from them. That is what I plan to give to some of my customers as a holiday gift. The only problem I have with cleanersupply is that they send out weekly reminder emails..hate that :mad: ...but there is a way to turn that off so it is not an issue anymore.

I'm going to have to take a look at Bonnie's place, polypak and see what they have.

Since you only need about 25, I would go to the dry cleaners and ask if they will sell you some. I buy these bags online, but you have to buy 250 at a time. Only the very largest kings won't fit in them and clients really like them. I see them taking their quilts to show-n-tell in them......

http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-9838&ref=5554

I use the bags from Cleaners Supply. They are the Blanket Bags - COMF15 is the item number. I find that most quilts will fit in this bag. It is heavy plastic, with vented fabric on the sides and a zip top with a handle. Right now they are on sale for 25% off. Glad I looked - I'm off to order more!

Linda

I agree with Eva on the clear bags. I have heard of horror stories of fabric accidentally getting thrown away in the trash because they are in the plastic grocery sacks (PIGS) and are mistaken for garbage. And, I also like the clear plastic storage bags with the zippers around the top and they also have the cloth sides -- these bags are are a nice way to present the finished quilt to the customer. Very professional looking, too. :)

Hey! Thanks everyone. I've saved those zippered bags sheets and blankets come in also...used my last one recently for toiletries when I traveled. Good thing too...one of the bottles leaked on the flight out.

I am one of those that used trash bags during moving and had things thrown out by accident...my dh is really good about putting trash where it belongs :-). I didn't realize there were clear ones. OK...it may sound like I'm bragging here...but my dh also does the shopping. Yes...I feel so very blessed!!! He even understands the need to buy more fabric...ya gotta love it!

Anyways...I've got lots of options...thanks again.

Anita

Archived