Scrap Batting

I have a mound of scrap batting that I need to start managing. I myself don't do too many small projects but we do have a charitable quilting group in town. Does anyone have any suggestions on what are good keeper sizes and when it just needs to be tossed or other options. I will probably try to cut rag quilt squares with the long side edges.

Thanks,

Donna

As a rule I send all scraps home with the customer unless they're just small trimmings. I hate junk piling up so I generally toss excess lofty poly batting. However if I have nice size pieces, like for a table runner, I take it to the LQS for them to use in the projects they run through their sewing machine. They are most appreciative because they don't have to take a package off the shelf for a demo, and I keep a clean sewing room.

• 2 weeks later...

I do both my sewing and quilting on a standard machine. I keep all my batting scraps, no matter how small in a plastic bag. When the bag starts overflowing I use fabric scraps and make a stuffed animal that I turn over to a charity.

Debb1

Quilted-Joy

I send most home with the quilts, they've paid for it. I do some long distance quilts and most don't want to add the extra shipping cost home so those end up here. I take them to one of my regular guilds and several of the ladies love them for their projects. I have a laundry hamper that I tuck them in as I go along, and empty it to a bag for guild once a month. I also use them for waxing rails and my daily quick polish with spray furniture wax, I chunk them up into small squares and use them as needed. As someone else says they work wonderfuly in swifters and other cleaning jobs around the house.

Archived