Packing for Innovations

Hi Eva.....

A girl should never "leave a paper tail".....LOL!!! ;)

Just kidding Eva....just kidding..!!!

Take lots of pictures for our next meeting so us "no shows" can see how much fun you had.

I know you girls are going to have lots of fun, maybe I'll get off my duff and go with next year....Drive careful and have lots of fun and have a little evening beverage (preferably a strawberry margarita) for me too!!! :P:P:P

Comfortable cloths.

Comfortable shoes.

Light jacket.

Sketching Pad and Pencils for classes.

Fanny pack or Ergo shoulder bag purse.

Camera (always)

Chargers for cell phone and camera. I always forget these things and live to regret it. ;)

Cash---plus credit cards.

Med. size Tote bag with comfortable handles for toting stuff to classes. Not too big, but not too small either.

And not too much stuff...Repeat: "I am not overpacking, I am not overpacking". How many clothes do I need for 4 days (I keep repeating this to myself!) ;)

Anything else??? you can think of.

Thanks for suggestions.

I am not worried about packing, more like dreaming about what I "need" to bring home for my new baby, Freedom. So if you see me wearing that same old thing over and over again - am saving room in the suitcase for packing up "tools" to bring home to paradise!

Anyone have a list of "must-haves" to share with this "newbie" (that fits in a suitcase?)

Am looking forward to this show and meeting you folks!

Hawaii Barbara

Barb - I'm with you on the clothes thing! I want more room in my suitcase for things I am bringing home! Thread, thread and more thread.....and some new rulers to play with. I don't know what else I am getting....

Does anyone have any "must haves" for those of us visiting for the first time?

Check out the Bayside booth, and Off the Edge.

Pam Clarke has a great booth--she sells her videos/DVDs, stencils (good ones to have are the ones with parallel lines for dividing sashings/borders for motifs and the one that divides a block into 8 sections with lines radiating from the center.)

Last year Pam had tops for sale--both contemporary and vintage--she must have someone bidding on ebay daily to amass so many tops. Prices started at about $75 and went up to the stratosphere.

Be sure to take your time and maybe make a list before you leave. What do you REALLY need--a SID ruler, crosshatching, Terry Twist? Stencils? What theme? Supplies-chalk, batting, marking pens--remember, not all booths will have wholesale pricing, so be fore-armed with online pricing for supplies.

And, here's a biggie--inventory that thread before you leave to avoid duplicates--if you loved a thread once, you will be tempted to buy again without a list!!BTDT!!!

What fun we will have shopping, learning, meeting chat friends, eating--sounds like a great time!!

The only "must-have" I can add to the list above is business cards to exchange with other quilters. Even if you're not quilting for a business, these are easy to make up on a computer, and it's soooo much easier to exchange cards with e-mails, phones, etc. than to try to write it all down.

And the tip about inventorying your thread beforehand is VERY important! And keep it with you when you go "goodie" shopping. At HMQS I wound up buying two spools of the same thread color in two different trips to the Superior Thread booth.:(

See you ladies there - gotta go unpack from two weeks away, wash the clothes and repack for Innovations!

Now I have to "pack" my big head to Innovations.

This quilt, "Peenk & Green!" has been selected to be shown at the Pacific International Quilt Festival in October. Of course, you'll all have a chance to critique the quilt while at Innovations. You don't have to be kind. I've picked it apart myself over and over already. I'm tuff and can take some honest advise. But, Oh MY! ~~ I'd better make some more head room in my vehicle before leaving town! :P

post--1346189851447_thumb.jpg

Don't forget your bumbershoot! aka umbrella. Sounds like we're going to have some moisture. I'll be there on Saturday. Hope to see many of you viewing quilts or shopping!

Linda

Ditto to Linda Rech on an inventory of thread. I would also include an inventory of your books, stencils, rulers to take with you. It's really easy to forget what you already have and in what size if you don't use them day in and day out.

Wish I could be there with all of you, but work prevents me from going this year. Have a great time and take good pictures to post later for us to see!!

Debbi

I have sworn off buying new clothes, fabric, but not goodies for my long arm. Ha Ha Can't wait to meet all of you and laugh and learn. I'm loving my new Milli. I'm still on the practice piece. Can't wait to load a real quilt. I'm loving my big CL templates too. Cheryll

P.S. If men can have a mid-life crisis and buy a Harley or a boat ladies like us can buy a Milli and any tools we need. I know you all agree.

Yay, Cheryll!!

And Bekah--see you soon!

Eva--can't wait to see that beauty up-close! I know which one I'm voting for!

Debbi-next year for sure!

Today I went to my LQS (how lucky am I? MY LQS is Bayside!!) anyway, went looking for a Celtic stencil and they had packed up the whole store (almost) to transport to Innovations! Guess I'll have to look there!!

See you day after tomorrow!

I am so looking forward to Innovations this year!! Rhonda & I are going to be checking out all the new products, etc. plus a good selection of classes to keep us busy.

I just returned from a cruise to Alaska last week - 40th anniv., hubby booked and planned the trip - It was wonderful!! The weather was fantastic. We had breakfast on our balcony, I spent 2 hours one day watching the whales. Barb, I too am unpacking and packing!

Shana, I finally located North Pole, Ak. What a beautiful state you live in.

Looking forward to meeting many of you at the dinner on Thursday night.

Linda, glad you had a nice trip cruising the inside passage. As you know, I am no where near the ocean (smack dab in the middle of the state) in a big river valley between two mountain ranges. Some day I hope to cruise that area.

PS: I have driven through British Columbia; weather was clear, sites were breathtaking, and frankly I gotta tell ya that BC has got to be the most beautiful. Really truly it is. :)

Have fun at Innovations.

Ohh! Linda! Point out the Celtic Stencil will you? I just finished September's "international mystery" quilt, and it was an Irish Chain. I'm looking for a Celtic knot to go in the plain blocks, and then something like that for the borders.

So, we're all in our usual comfy clothes and crocs, saving money for toys, right?

Beth (my crocs are light blue)

Archived