I finally got my studio together

PattyJo

I know that some of you know that this was the house that we had to kiss a lot of frogs in order to find. We had sold our house and had made an offer on another one, then Bill was diagnosed with cancer. We backed out of the other deal just because we weren't sure about anything in the future. But the "DUH" we figured out we did need a house, so we had to go back out and look, and look, and look some more. We were the first people to look at this house and DH wasn't even with me. I had some friends along with me just to give me feed back and I decided this was the house for us. Took lots of pics and came home and showed them to Bill and we wrote up the offer, he signed it first and we both feel this was the house that we were suppose to have all along. A really big blessing for us. Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement, You are really like a family and I love all my bro's and sista's.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that house was meant to be yours. This home is your sanctuary after all of the horrible months you two just went through. A happy, pretty house is what you need. Things work out the way they are supposed to, don't they??? :)

I love you to, sweet heart! You truly are a doll with a 24 ct heart of gold.

Oh, and give that handsome hubby of yours a hug from me, OK? ;)

What a beautiful room!! Not sure I would get anything done...I'm a bit of a day dreamer...I bet if I were in that room I would be working away, really concentrating ;) and a bird or a butterfly or something would go by and I would be off in La-La Land!! Great room, you are so fortunate!

Mary Beth

Hi Marlette -

Thank you for your nice words about my space. I do let my DH walk through it to get to his office so I guess I should be saying our space. LOL:)

There is another reply button (right hand corner below the last post) right above the quick reply box. Click on that reply button and you can see there are several icons with the one with the "mountain" on it.

Hope that this helps. I was probably on here for 6 months before I figured that one out. :cool:

Hi Szy-Q, Well, I'd invite you to move in tomorrow, but I'm not sure that you could put up with me. I seem to take up more than my share of the room!!! And we wouldn't want you to be without all the room that you need. Do you have the $$$ for another addition on my house? Then we would surely have the room. LOL :P

• 3 months later...

I just ran across the pictures of your new studio. What a wonderful space. I could just hear the wind whispering thru the trees and the birds chirping in the distance. I have been given the go ahead to start the conversion of our 20\' x 24\' garage into a studio for MEEEEE! Yipee! I\'m lucky because the electrical and drywall had already been installed when we bought this place. After seeing your windows, I can see how it opens up the space. My view isn\'t as magnificant as yours but it does look out over a garden area that could be developed nicely. I was thinking of putting in a 4 door center opening sliding door (12\' span) across the front and either a garden type window or regular windows across the side. Of course the more I dream the more it costs DANG! Thanks for sharing!! Enjoy your space...pat K

Thanks Pat & Lisa - I really enjoy my little "place" in the world. It really isn\'t as big as a lot of studio\'s, but it is bigger than our other house, so I feel very fortunate. I was wedged into a 12 x 15 room and had to also have my DM and desk in there as well. Now I at least have elbow room and if a good tune comes on, room to dance!!. Thanks for looking at my studio.

Kenna, I have a 12\' table. This room is 18 long so I have about 3\' on each end and no longer have to have one end pushed up against a wall and then do the side step shuffle to get around it. It really is nice to be able to walk all the way around my Millie.

Holy Moly Patty, now I\'m going to have to clean the studio before y\'all come up. You are so lucky! I am too, but I have to walk across the garage to get to it. I really don\'t mind and I am not whining, but how cool is it that you are just right there. I cannot wait to see you, but I\'ll start re-arranging now.

Nancy

Hey, PJ..that looks so inviting! It must be fun to keep it tidy when it looks this nice!

My last studio was 21\'x30\' and it was super..skylights x 3, patio doors that

opened out onto a deck (2nd Floor) But it was 2nd floor. The studio I have now is one of the reasons we bought this place..no stairs to climb.The dimensions are 13\'x17\' and it is pretty tight...I have Millie Rose, plus a binding machine, DSM, cutting/ironing table plus 3 racks 4x4 with 3 shelves each full of fabric. and then one tight little corner I have a chaise lounge and the library ( and I have MEGA books). The other tight little corner is set aside for my artwork/paints/books, etc. It is a cheery, bright room. I hang my artworks on one wall, large window looking out across a rock garden. I\'m blessed with PLENTY of light and lamps

Sad to say...my jewelry making is set up in a bedroom and the rock cutters and tumblers, etc. are in the garage...I think I could easily fill up this whole

house with my projects, just give me a little time..lol.

Archived