This time tomorrow.... "A funny thing happened on the way to Inno?"

Patch

Well Patty I don't think there are oodles of people that get off at Gateway that early but I could be wrong. I will be the lady with the new hair color. Yep I am not longer a greying red head, I am not sure what color I am, but it does not match the box!!! You can alwasy find me by my seafoam crocks:D

Hey ...this time tomorrow...I will be (hopefully) helping hang quilts and getting things set up at Innovations...I'm leaving here in just about an hour for my long long drive up...See you all there..I will be the one with the short RED hair...Just washed the graying red down the pipes...LOL

LOLL!! I hear you guys on the hair color issue. Guess what I'll be doing later this morning! Yup. I'll be the one with newly re-browned short shaggy-looking bad hair-cut, hopefully not orange again! You never can tell by the color on the box, it seems.

Bekah, does that mean curls? I should post a pic of me, but they're all so embarrassing I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm waiting till my hair grows out again to look more like the pic of me I posted after SHana posted hers of her and her sissies. I'm the one on the middle. Oh! I have braces, so when I smile you'll know me, LOL!

CAN you believe the day I've had already? Ok.... Tuesday and Friday are DS's Jazz Band days, which means I leave the house with him at 7:45. DD usually leaves the house at 7:00, walking to school. This morning I got up at 5:30, so I was on the comp before DD. When she was almost ready for school.... about 7:00, she says, "You need to drive me today, because my back hurts really bad." So I say "OK", thinking there'd just be time to get her to school, get me back, get DS to school on time - assuming he gets himself ready in time, which would be debatable... Anyway, complicated a little already. So... just when I think DD is ready to leave... 7:20, comes a knock and the doorbell rings. "Who in the blankety-blank...?" say I (no I wasn't swearing up a blue streak, only thinking it.) DD answers, and I think it must be her friend she likes to walk with sometimes, but she sounds kind of surprised, so I go see who, and it's my neighbor across the way. "I locked my keys in the car and my house is all locked", says she. Her housemate is at work already, but she remembers she left a key with me to water her flowers last summer while she was gone. "I know I have it still," say I confidently, and rush back in to find them. They are NOWHERE to be found. I rush all around the house looking for them, but cannot find them anywhere. It is 7:23. I run upstairs to wake up DH, who says grumpily that he's never ever seen our neighbor's keys and would I shut the door please. I run back downstairs and frantically rummage through all drawers, finding nothing. The phone rings. It is 7: 30. It is Jim Hogan, in answer to my U2U about riding with him on Friday. He very nicely says I can call him back later. My neighbor asks to use my phone, but says she has to look up the number of her housemate in the phone book, but she has locked her glasses in her car as well. We rummage through the 17 or so phone books it takes to serve Tualatin, finally finding the right one, finally finding the right name. It's 7:36. DS is going to be late. I leave my neighbor on the phone as DD and I rush out the door. I speed up the hill and around the corner near the school, and as I do DD says, "What's that policeman doing there?" Yes indeed, there is a police car with lights flashing sitting JUST this side of the next intersection, and as I slowly drive by (so as not to scrape the side of his poorly parked car) I notice he has his ray-gun out pointing at the cars going by. I can NOT believe this. Everyone's going under 20 at that point anyway, as it's RIGHT by the light. Where on earth was he when a semi ran the red light and God's angels alone saved me and my DD from being CREAMED by him? Ok.... we need cops to patrol the streets, on with my day. Home again, DS is, of course, not ready. It is 7:47. So I get him so, frantically throwing a hastily buttered english muffin into his hands along with the saxophone, clarinet, lunch box, and over-full backpack for this day. Off to school. We made it in record time, thank God there were no school-children-conscientious policemen on the way to the middle school this morning! (Of course, there never are any school children on their way to the school at this hour on any day anyway.) I drop him off at school at 7:59 (band starts at 8:00), and contendedly drive away....

UNTIL - I remember that today is picture day!! Well, you can't win 'em all. He's gonna look like he's gonna look and that's all there is to it. At least DS's picture will be a true representation of him at this age, LOL!! Thank goodness I was unusually organized and filled out the order form last night and put it in his backpack.

Now I know for CERTAIN I won't be doing THAT again this time tomorrow! :D:D

Why do the boxes always look so good...and my hair always look soooo bad??!! I was tempted earlier today to pick up a box of hair color, then I put it back because my last time around scared everyone to death!

I'm sure you all look beautiful and you will know each other cause we are "sistas"!!

Ok.... for Bekah and anyone else who wants to be able to find me (why?) at some point this week, here I am. Lucky you! I can't guarantee I won't be looking any different from this come first thing tomorrow morning, or at any point this week, LOL, but "the inside is the part we're SUPPOSED to care about", in the words of one of my very favorite world renowned characters of the silver screen. (Here's a hint: What's green and sings? No, not Elvis Presley this time!) :P

Oh yeah, but I'm just about to go in there and paint my hair the right color again, which means tomorrow I won't have that beeeautiful skunk look. :cool::D

post--13461898516431_thumb.jpg

Oh my! That is more ghastly than I thought, LOL!! I HOPE I don't look quite like that tomorrow! Working on it right now.... sitting here with my hair up in brown goo, waiting for the clock. In about 10 minutes I'm going to go wash the goo out, and hope the brown sticks. Otherwise, that is just what you'll be seeing tomorrow.

Lol! PattyJo, I wishwishwish you were coming with us tomorrow. Pooh. :(

Archived