bobbin genie

I ask the same question a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get any answers either. I went ahead and gave it a try on a practice piece. It seems to work well. My stitches have been good. Its a lot easier to put in than the spring. The spring never wants to go back in the bobbin case where it belongs. I've come close to throwing it across the room a couple of times. And saying bad words!

I say "Thumbs up for the Bobbin Genie."

Okay, now someone is going to tell me how it is going to tear up Ginger and void my warranty or something!

Phyllis,

I'm anxious to see what is said so I'm replying to keep this going. Any experts out there using the bobbin Genie? I know Sharon Schamber recommends it. Phyllis I don't think I would have thought to take the spring out. Mine isn't causing me a problem but I did notice twice where I had a little bit of a backlash problem so it is on my list of things resolve!

Heidi

i was just wondering if it works better with or without the bobbin tension springy thing....i already ordered them, i'll post what i think...i have "sped" up my motor speed past 'factory' and i get some backlash top and bobbin...sharon schamber does recommend them, but i have some of her dvds and i'm pretty sure her machine isn't an APQS *shrug* it only has three roller bars...

I took the backlash spring out because that was the reason I wanted to try the Bobbin Genies. I hate trying to get that spring back in after I take it out for cleaning. If it doesn't go back in just right, then I have tension problems. So far I really like the Bobbin Genie because it isn't hard to put it in. If you put a drop of oil in the bobbin case the Bobbin Genie doesn't fall out when you are handling the bobbin case. My stitches look good, so what more could I want.

I was thinking of buying them some time ago after a lecture with Sharon Schaumburg (spelling??). I asked about them here and Sherry Rogers said that she had tried them, but realized she didn't need them - I think there is something about APQS machines that works so well, we really don't need to use them. So I didn't buy them. (I don't know what it is technically, but I don't think they are necessary. You may like using them, but I don't think you really need to. I don't have any problems with my backlash spring, so I decided to leave well enough alone.

Archived