Edgerider wheels and Circle Lord

catsigler

Yes, Shana, I've tried it every imaginable way, with the stitch regulator on, off, disconnected, with the machine on, off, and unplugged. It wants to go straight front to back or side to side, and to make it go diagonally slow, fast, or in between is a battle, which shows up as squarish circles, ovals, and wavy curves. It's HORRIBLE. Without a groove and a stylus (as in Circle Lord) it will not make smooth lines of stitching on the diagonal.

I can't say that my machine moved easily either. I feel that it is the worst with the front/to back motion. When I push my machine forward, it only glides a few inches but when I push it backwards, it all but flies all the carriage. I realize the weight is on the back, but should it not glide forward a little more easily?

Cathey

Which wheels do you have on your machine right now - the apqs wheels or the edgerider? In another post you said you measured 22.5" between the rails of the table and edge to edge across the cylinders, I can't imagine how that could be since the measurement should be 23 3/4".

Could you maybe post a picture of the cams on your carriage and a side view of your front carriage wheels against the front table rail?

Do you have an expander base? If so can you make a diagonal line using the ruler as a guide? Try using the longest ruler on the diagonal - does it quilt a straight diagonal line or does the machine want to run off course - if so does it run off course at regular intervals?

Do you have a 1/4" curved template that you could quilt around? Does the machine quilt around that without jumping off course.

From the front of the machine, do you feel more resistance when quilting towards you in a curved movement or away - towards the left or right more?

How much space do you have between the levelling bar and the machine when you have the machine in the centre of the table? Do you have the same amount of space further along the table either side of centre?

Hope you can get some pictures up here or on your picasaweb so we can work this out.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Sue, I have the wheels that came on the machine.

Are Aussie inches smaller than American inches? I'll take a picture for you if you like. :) Maybe mine is a miniature Millie! I would like to know why mine is so much narrower. I checked to see how much actual quilting room I have, and it's 17.25 inches. How large is your quilting area?

I'll get some pics and put them on picasa. I appreciate your efforts to figure this out.

p.s. Who is that in your avatar pic? He's a cutie!

Hi Cathey

No, I think our inches are the same!!:P:D

I'm not sure I explained myself well though. The measurement is across the table top itself from edge to edge across each cylinder.

I would think if you have a bad wheel you'd notice a bump here and there when doing a diagonal line with a ruler. Check out my message under Lurch, I think the depth of the additional washers for Circle Lord might not be the same back and front.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Cathey,

I'm sure you have checked this but I'll give my experience just in case. Did you check you channel locks to make sure they aren't engaging at all? I hit my vertical channel lock my mistake and I could still move the machine but I was having a horrible time with diagonals and feathers. Now mind you that I had sewn them on my stretched machine for over and year and knew that I could do really pretty ones. Well after an hour of thinking it was the wheels hubby asked if some was locked...lights went on.

Maybe you haven't engaged your channel locks but maybe it needs an adjustment because it is engaging itself.

Heidi

Archived