All ready with first real quilt on my Milli

Cheryll,

I'm not much help as far as stitching goes as I haven't done any quilting on fussible on my milli. I would guess having a large needle will help getting through the thickness. I would concentrate on more dense quilting in the unfussed areas, maybe a pretty leaf pattern or a swirl meander and then just do as little quilting in the fussed areas as possible like maybe just outlining the design. If it stitches easily you might want to quilt in the pattern of the batik backgrounds...I think that would look really neat.

Good luck.

Heidi

That's really beautiful, but I did something similar with the fused and it's something you don't want to put a lot of quilting in, but if you don't do something it will hang loose so maybe do a SID in the fused blocks and a medium stipple/meander in that plain fabric...the quilt is the star here, not so much the quilting, just need to hold it together.

Cheryll, One of my first quilts was a medium-fused t-shirt quilt and I was amazed at how nicely the machine dealt with the thickness, even with metallics! I used a standard 4.0 needle and did a lot of background fill (echo, feathers, meander, cross-hatch) with no thread breakage. My tension was a little dicey but then I am still learning. Good luck!

Caroline

I totally agree with Hester -- this quilt top has such beautiful colors and fabrics, so just ad a touch of quilting to accentuate it... It's like you and your face and when you add a little touch of makeup (maybe some lipstick and maybe some mascara) step back and take a look cuz watch out baby, you are STUNNINGLY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! :)

Archived